JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'd say it's a horrible deal for N.O.
I would say it is if they had a chance in hell at re signing him. They didn’t and Rich Paul already has told other teams like Boston he’s a one year rental.
LA not giving up Kuzma is critical.

If I was N.O. I’d flip that #4.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
interesting trade, I can imagine Ball being traded as surrounding Zion with bad shooters wont work at all, would make for a great defensive backcourt with Holiday though. Guessing they got enough good news health wise about all of the Lakers players they recieved otherwise it could go down as an all time blunder.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I think the Lakers got the better of it by a bit due to 2 of those 1st round picks will probably end up being pretty late in that round.

Most likely, but the Pelicans took a real long view on this trade. Between having the Lakers pick out right and pick swaps they basically own every Laker first round pick through 2025. Who knows what the Lakers will look like post LeBron. That’s a ton of future draft capital the Pelicans have now.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
NO will have a pretty good, very young team to build with that's for sure.

They need to put Lonzo at PG, that's where he belongs. The guy could avg about 12 assists a game if he wanted to. He's a distributor, not a shooter.

And they will have Zion and whoever they take at #4, plus Ingraham, Hart, etc.

They won't be great at first, but could definitely develop into something in a few years. Plus they'll have the draft picks to go get people too.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Ball, Holiday, Ingram, Zion and Okafor isn't a terrible lineup but may struggle to shoot and would be undersized. Adding another big through and a couple of shooters through FA or with their horde of 1st rounders could make them pretty solid in a couple of years. I wouldn't be shocked to see them take two Dukies with this years picks, they'll have to start calling New Orleans Cameron Indoor West.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Sounds like AD won't waive his $4M trade kicker and the Pelicans won't wait until July 30th to complete the trade as it stands now. This is big because it leaves LA well short of being able to offer another max contract, they need both of those things to happen to have enough cap room to offer a full max deal to any other free agents.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron