RECRUITING: June 1 - Big Man Camp notes

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Not too much to pass along from the morning session of camp but here's a couple things.

*** Probably the most interesting guy to keep an eye on this morning was Ankeny Centennial offensive lineman Brady Petersen. The staff has been evaluating him for awhile and almost all the offensive coaches (and Matt Campbell) pulled him aside at different times during the session. He hasn't tweeted anything about an offer at this point but this was certainly an important day in whether or not he will get one. I'll possibly hear more on the situation this afternoon so I'll update if I do. This is definitely a stay tuned situation.

*** I can safely say Greene County OT (and ISU commit) Tyler Miller is the physically biggest prospect I've ever seen at one of these camps. I already knew he was a massive human being as he's listed at 6-foot-9, 273 pounds, but wanted to see him in person. He is every bit that big. He towered over everyone else at the camp and was impressive during drills, especially the one-on-ones at the end.

*** Kuemper Catholic defensive end Blaise Gunnerson will be the main attraction at camp tonight. From what I've heard, this is pretty squarely an Iowa State and Nebraska battle at this point.

*** Iowa State commits Aidan Bouman and Cole Pedersen were the program's first two commits in the 2020 class and they'll be at camp tonight as well. I'll have an update from everything that goes on during that session sometime late tonight.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Not too much to pass along from the morning session of camp but here's a couple things.

*** Probably the most interesting guy to keep an eye on this morning was Ankeny Centennial offensive lineman Brady Petersen. The staff has been evaluating him for awhile and almost all the offensive coaches (and Matt Campbell) pulled him aside at different times during the session. He hasn't tweeted anything about an offer at this point but this was certainly an important day in whether or not he will get one. I'll possibly hear more on the situation this afternoon so I'll update if I do. This is definitely a stay tuned situation.

*** I can safely say Greene County OT (and ISU commit) Tyler Miller is the physically biggest prospect I've ever seen at one of these camps. I already knew he was a massive human being as he's listed at 6-foot-9, 273 pounds, but wanted to see him in person. He is every bit that big. He towered over everyone else at the camp and was impressive during drills, especially the one-on-ones at the end.

*** Kuemper Catholic defensive end Blaise Gunnerson will be the main attraction at camp tonight. From what I've heard, this is pretty squarely an Iowa State and Nebraska battle at this point.

*** Iowa State commits Aidan Bouman and Cole Pedersen were the program's first two commits in the 2020 class and they'll be at camp tonight as well. I'll have an update from everything that goes on during that session sometime late tonight.

Brady Petersen has his offer.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Can the public walk into these events and watch?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Brady just got 3 Crystal Balls for the good guys in the last 24 hours. 247's Midwest Recruiting Expert Allen Trieu, Cyclone Alert's Alex Halsted and Hawkeye Insider's Sean Bock. I feel real good about this kid coming to Ames.
***Update 247's Director Of Football Recruiting Steve Wiltfong just put one in for ISU as well.***

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Brady just got 3 Crystal Balls for the good guys in the last 24 hours. 247's Midwest Recruiting Expert Allen Trieu, Cyclone Alert's Alex Halsted and Hawkeye Insider's Sean Bock. I feel real good about this kid coming to Ames.

What if Iowa ends up offering though?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
@JStanz51 Any other follow-up on the camp? Any more offers/commitments?
5 of 8 commits were there (2 of them the new commits).

Tyler Miller, Aidan Bouman, Cole Pederson, Brady Peterson and Koby Hathcock.

2021 OT Bastian Swinney was there and won offensive MVP. He visited 4/6/19 as well and was offered 1/15/19.

2021 Jeff Bowie from West Branch, IA was also there, he was offered on a visit on 4/20 and he camped at Iowa Sunday and picked up a Hawk offer.

Check the recruiting threads tomorrow, I have some catching up to do but some visitors to post.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
5 of 8 commits were there (2 of them the new commits).

Tyler Miller, Aidan Bouman, Cole Pederson, Brady Peterson and Koby Hathcock.

2021 OT Bastian Swinney was there and won offensive MVP. He visited 4/6/19 as well and was offered 1/15/19.

2021 Jeff Bowie from West Branch, IA was also there, he was offered on a visit on 4/20 and he camped at Iowa Sunday and picked up a Hawk offer.

Check the recruiting threads tomorrow, I have some catching up to do but some visitors to post.

I would expect Bowie to end up at Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: KcCyclone77

Help Support Us

Become a patron