NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I have zero dog in the fight, probably like more Raptors players, but what I've seen of the second half so far, Raptors are getting away with murder

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Milwaukee gettin' hosed big time by the refs to start the 2nd qtr! The Greek Freek gets shoved by Ibaka leading to an O Reb & put back. Then, on the other end, VanVleet bearhugs Giannis and nothing is called. Absolutely garbage stuff!

Toronto is essentially the new Detroit. When the Nuggets went there early in the season it was a bloodbath. Danny Green’s method of getting open was to hit his defender in the face and the cut for a shot. They are tough and desperate.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I believe that Portland made all of these deals in a single offseason and then still made the conference finals a few years later.

Allen Crabbe 4/75
Evan Turner 4/70
Meyers Leonard 4/41
Mo Harkless 4/42

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Portland can probably offload Turner with a pick, but I doubt they will give up a pick. Leonard’s value is high and Harkless is fine for $11m so they’re in a more flexible place than they’ve been in a couple of years.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I think GS playing this well without Durant will push him to leave. He needs to go win a ring somewhere else to take that next step in being a top all-time player. If he wins a ring in New York it will push him up there with the best, just like LeBron winning one with the Lakers could push him above MJ, especially if he dethrones the Warrior dynasty again.
Durant couldn't win with Harden and Westbrook in OKC. How is he going to win in New York?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Durant couldn't win with Harden and Westbrook in OKC. How is he going to win in New York?

I think he's a better and more complete player now than he was when he left OKC and over time Russ has proven to be a difficult guy to play with.

But I get your point. I think him going to the Knicks is one of those "careful what you wish for" scenarios. Anything less than a championship will be considered a failure, and the NY media and fans will be unrelenting. It's an odd spot for a guy who isn't known for being thick skinned when it comes to criticism.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
He's way better now. Plus he'll be in the East. If Kawhi leaves Toronto he only has to get through Injury Embiid/Cant Shoot Simmons or Giannis/Middleton, that's if Middleton stays this summer.

New as of last night is the Clippers may land KD. I think this summer's free agency is going to be fun and there will be a new super team somewhere. Either LA team, either NY team or a reshaped Boston.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
As Wob notes, major free agency implications here:

No supermax for Brad Beal or Klay. Less money Warriors can offer means more room to resign both Klay and KD. Less money for Wizards so they don't have too supermax contracts between JOHN WALL LOL and BB.

Supermax offers available for Damian Lillard and Kemba Walker. Damian will get offered and accept but I could see Kemba getting offered but declining. Hornets are doomed for the next two years at least.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The Warriors are probably going to win another title without a 2x NBA Finals MVP. That's how loaded they are.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

D7Rail4W4AAnH4H.png:large

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Bucks might be done.

Don't want to stop the ball and don't want to share the ball for the 3rd game straight.