NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Any concern about Leonard being less than full strength? His game didn't seem to be too affected but you could tell he was in pain.

No, I meant @CloneFan4 was the overzealous Raptors fan. I don't have a dog in the fight. I'd be all for either team breaking through. I think Milwaukee is probably a little better suited to at least give the Warriors a run in the Finals but Toronto's been good not great for so long that it would be cool for them to finally get over the hump and make a Finals appearance.

As far as Kawhi goes, who knows? If he was really hurting after last night it's not like he was going to admit anything to the media. But it was obvious that something was off, and given his history of quad problems it has to be at least a little troubling for Toronto. They're dead in the water without him.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
No, I meant @CloneFan4 was the overzealous Raptors fan. I don't have a dog in the fight. I'd be all for either team breaking through. I think Milwaukee is probably a little better suited to at least give the Warriors a run in the Finals but Toronto's been good not great for so long that it would be cool for them to finally get over the hump and make a Finals appearance.

As far as Kawhi goes, who knows? If he was really hurting after last night it's not like he was going to admit anything to the media. But it was obvious that something was off, and given his history of quad problems it has to be at least a little troubling for Toronto. They're dead in the water without him.
Oh yeah, you're the Pacers guy. I don't know why I got that confused.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Oh yeah, you're the Pacers guy. I don't know why I got that confused.

I get it. They're both perennially good Eastern Conference teams that could never quite get over the hump against Lebron. The only difference is that he's gone now and it's too late for Indy to capitalize but Toronto has one good chance at it this year. Maybe more if they can re-sign Leonard, but that feels like a long shot.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I get why many don't like how cocky Green is but I laugh at anyone I see on Twitter saying how much they hate him. It's a pure jealousy statement. If he were on their favorite team they would absolutely love him.

This is the best he's played, maybe ever. I love watching him every night. He deserves MVP for that series without question.

I told friends when KD went out to watch because the Warriors, in my opinion, are a better team quite often without him. I got ridiculed. KD is great but you can't deny that they are playing better overall without him.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Draymond was special that series. Watching those three try to run it back without Durant would be fun next year.

Yeah, I'd be curious to see how they'd construct the roster if KD leaves. Bringing back Klay Thompson on a max deal would probably be the first order of business. Then what, though? Draymond's contract expires after next season, when he'll be 30 years old.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I get why many don't like how cocky Green is but I laugh at anyone I see on Twitter saying how much they hate him. It's a pure jealousy statement. If he were on their favorite team they would absolutely love him.

This is the best he's played, maybe ever. I love watching him every night. He deserves MVP for that series without question.

I told friends when KD went out to watch because the Warriors, in my opinion, are a better team quite often without him. I got ridiculed. KD is great but you can't deny that they are playing better overall without him.

Not for a second.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

They're definitely more fun to watch without KD but they're better with him. He sucks up all the oxygen on offense, but a team doesn't get better by subtracting the best player in the game right now. They just happen to have enough experience and star power around him to pick up the slack. They'll need him in the Finals or they'll have their hands full with the Raptors or Bucks. Both are much better defensive teams and they'll offer more resistance than Portland could.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Shooting stats for Milwaukee Sunday night:
Giannis 5-16
Middleton 3-16
Mirotic 3-11
Bledsoe 3-16
Ilyasova 1-4

Brogdon and Hill were good, Lopez OK. But those 5 listed above were a collective 15-63 for 23.8%. I'm betting that was an anomaly.

The difference in this series is that Kawhi has to carry the offensive load, whereas even though Antetokounmpo is the big star, there are 3 or 4 others who can hit for 25 or so any given night. And Milwaukee's bench has been much more productive.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Kawhi is a weird player to get a handle on.

Lots of times early in the game or going to the bench he looks like he can barely walk.

Later soars in with one-handed dunks.

Maybe he just a permanently sore body that can call it up at will.

Having a 100 high-level games will wear you out.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
It is fun to watch them play without KD but they probably wouldn't have had to come back from 18 down if they had him. Not only is he one of the best offensive players in the league, but his defense is also very good.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

He's a douche most of the time, a lot is on purpose,I don't think theres anything wrong with hating him, that's part of what gets him going. He can escalate his emotions and still play well, its intentional. He is only annoying IMO when he cries to the refs, he said last week ,he was too focused on that (probably from the Harden drama in the 2nd round) and that he needed to just worry about playing. That's what he did in this series and he was amazing.

I'd argue your last sentence, I think its tough to tell because Portland just isn't in their league. One could make a decent argument that the Blazers are the worst team GS played so far in the playoffs.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
He's a douche most of the time, a lot is on purpose,I don't think theres anything wrong with hating him, that's part of what gets him going. He can escalate his emotions and still play well, its intentional. He is only annoying IMO when he cries to the refs, he said last week ,he was too focused on that (probably from the Harden drama in the 2nd round) and that he needed to just worry about playing. That's what he did in this series and he was amazing.

I'd argue your last sentence, I think its tough to tell because Portland just isn't in their league. One could make a decent argument that the Blazers are the worst team GS played so far in the playoffs.

Argue if you want. I’m not talking just playoffs. When KD sits out and Curry plays the Warriors are 34-4.

Reactions: heitclone

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Draymond was special that series. Watching those three try to run it back without Durant would be fun next year.
I am not a fan of "old" Draymond but this new guy who just plays ball and doesn't complain to the refs all the time is fun to watch. He was great vs Portland. Game three was classic Draymond play but without the complaining. As a NBA fan, sign me up for more of that.

I think GS playing this well without Durant will push him to leave. He needs to go win a ring somewhere else to take that next step in being a top all-time player. If he wins a ring in New York it will push him up there with the best, just like LeBron winning one with the Lakers could push him above MJ, especially if he dethrones the Warrior dynasty again.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I was rooting for the Raptors, but am now pulling for the Bucks. Hope they can go back to Milwaukee up 3-1.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Milwaukee gettin' hosed big time by the refs to start the 2nd qtr! The Greek Freek gets shoved by Ibaka leading to an O Reb & put back. Then, on the other end, VanVleet bearhugs Giannis and nothing is called. Absolutely garbage stuff!

• Agree
Reactions: stormchaser2014

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron