Bowen Born

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have no idea. Are you trying to compare him to Graham as a junior in high school?

I am saying he has a similar game. Drive, shooting, and the way he plays. Not saying he is Graham. However, his game is not Custers game. I doubt he makes it high Major D1 up front because of his height. However, I am just saying his game is more like Devontae Graham then it is Clayton Custer. Custer is a point guard. Graham was a Combo that could bring it up also.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've seen Born play about 10 times this year, since I live in Norwalk. The kid absolutely could make it at Iowa State. This year he took on more of the point guard position. Yesterday was a clinic. Yeah 1 for 5 from 3pt but the kid can shoot. He gets mauled every time the ball is in his hands. Strong finisher with the left, and even good with the right. Probably would need a redshirt year.

In all honesty, when they played against Xavier Foster team, he was the more impressive one. Obviously not body wise.

Probably needs a red shirt = not good enough. We don’t do that here we make Sweet 16’s.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
It's looking more and more like high major offers aren't going to come. He'll be at UNI or Drake and have a very, very good career in the Valley.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I always love it when people call them the "Hoks". It's so clever. A notch above "Clowns".
To be fair, the H, O & K keys are right next to each other on the right side of the keyboard - makes it a bit quicker to type in our reference to TOE.

(/Jimlad)

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up at Iowa. They have a ton of scholarships and will run out of options by the end and take a flyer on him. He's just not a high major player

As it stands right now ISU will only lose Nixon and Jacobson and have two 2020 scholarships. Now there will likely be attrition later but ISU isn’t going to use one of their two known scholarships on a kid like Born. If they had 4-5 to fill i could see them taking a flyer.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Live look at Ben Jacobson

NDfl3.gif

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Classic case of a kid that is so worried that he's at a high major that he takes a scholarship from a bad high major program where he's a role player at best because of the conference logo on the floor rather than taking the right fit where he can have a big role and a great career.

Iowa is full of those guys right now and that's killing UNI at the same time (Pemsl, Kriener, Bohannon, etc.)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Classic case of a kid that is so worried that he's at a high major that he takes a scholarship from a bad high major program where he's a role player at best because of the conference logo on the floor rather than taking the right fit where he can have a big role and a great career.

Iowa is full of those guys right now and that's killing UNI at the same time (Pemsl, Kriener, Bohannon, etc.)

Born is the type of kid you need when you start signing early draft entry kids. He'd be depth for a couple years then a quality upperclassmen rotation guy. Prohm only plays around 8 guys so having a couple guys like this avoids dealing with a bare cupboard. I think he's every bit the recruit Bohannon was just not someone you want to have to count on from day one.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

You could have have said the Iowa roster except Weiskamp. Maybe not. Even UNI is laughing at the Till scholarship.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Having coached against him and seen him play several times, him being patient and sneaking a high Major would not surprise me. Throw in his dad’s connections and him being through this before I wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen. Not to mention, kid is a good student and knows how to handle and carry himself. I wouldn’t sell him short and assume he is just a “UNI” type player. And with what Drake is doing, if he does end up a mid-major, this would be a great fit. DeVries and Woodley have that program on the move.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

OVs to UNI and Indiana State. Potentially Toledo

Unofficial visits to Iowa and creighton

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

OVs to UNI and Indiana State. Potentially Toledo

Unofficial visits to Iowa and creighton

I get the feeling Born wants to play P6, he'd just need to hold off on committing till late. I'd guess Fran will eventually extend an offer (after he misses on his top couple of guard targets). Iowa has been watching his events most of the year.