Bowen Born

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Kid just checked out of the first round game with 40 points, wow.

I know its been discussed at length before but now that you watched him today, do you think he can play high major? Obviously he wasn't playing against all high major recruits, I get that. But overall, what do you think of his game?

Apr 19, 2006
I know its been discussed at length before but now that you watched him today, do you think he can play high major? Obviously he wasn't playing against all high major recruits, I get that. But overall, what do you think of his game?
He's got game. He's not afraid to go into the middle and tear drop it over the big guys, example Xavier Foster who he's played twice this year, or lay it high off the glass. Can launch the 3 from a few feet from half court. Just a real quick kid, which is great for defense as well.

I'm guessing the high majors are slow playing him. If he was a couple of inches taller it would be a no brainer. Although what people forget is that he can jump out of the gym. Not sure what his vertical is.

• Agree
Reactions: DRCHIRO

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee

If he grows another couple inches I think he could be a contributor at the high-major level. He dunked very easily in the game I watched earlier in the year so the fast-twitch is there.

• Winner
Reactions: sadam

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If he grows another couple inches I think he could be a contributor at the high-major level. He dunked very easily in the game I watched earlier in the year so the fast-twitch is there.
His dad wasn’t that tall and could dunk with ease. I hope he grows a couple of inches and follows his dad

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I don’t think he’s a power 5 conference player. Sean Haluska was putting up 30 a game in 3A as well when he played, and he no way should have been playing for the Clones.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Weird situation for Iowa State. Let him go, and possibly avoid burning a scholarship on a non P5 caliber player. Let him go to one of the other 3, Iowa especially, and we give him the proverbial Iowa kid "Iowa state didn't recruit me" chip on the shoulder every time we face him. He shoots 90%from 3 and averages 25 ppg against us for his career

• Funny
Reactions: psychlone99

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Weird situation for Iowa State. Let him go, and possibly avoid burning a scholarship on a non P5 caliber player. Let him go to one of the other 3, Iowa especially, and we give him the proverbial Iowa kid "Iowa state didn't recruit me" chip on the shoulder every time we face him. He shoots 90%from 3 and averages 25 ppg against us for his career

Who cares. We’re way past caring about 1 meaningless non-con game. If he’s good enough to come here he will have a chance.

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: CTTB78 and Macloney

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I don’t think he’s a power 5 conference player. Sean Haluska was putting up 30 a game in 3A as well when he played, and he no way should have been playing for the Clones.
What did he average at Indian Hills?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

If his dad is willing to let him accept a scholarship from Iowa, then he isn't a true Cyclone. A true Cylcone wouldn't even entertain that scenario.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We play Iowa once a year. You don’t recruit a player just to avoid him having a chip on his shoulder.

• Winner
Reactions: coolerifyoudid