RECRUITING: Caleb Grill commits

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Did you see my post welcoming Caleb to Iowa State and stating that I love his athleticism?

Ok, credit to you for that. How many minutes did it take you to then post the 'nice start, but....." comment? That might be reality, but if some people on this site gave the same amount of time and energy to celebrating what is going well, as opposed to what MIGHT go wrong, we'd all live a longer life.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Ok, credit to you for that. How many minutes did it take you to then post the 'nice start, but....." comment? That might be reality, but if some people on this site gave the same amount of time and energy to celebrating what is going well, as opposed to what MIGHT go wrong, we'd all live a longer life.
Blame Cydkar. He’s the one who responded to my optimistic post saying it’s not happening.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Lol. I said nothing but positive things about Grill and said hopefully we can use this momentum and add 1 more key player and that it would be a successful spring. I could say the most positive thing ever and people will still say it’s negative. Once you get a reputation on this board, nothing you ever say will matter. Someone will find a way to make it negative.

I doubt that

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This has Nick Noskowiak part 2 written all over it I’ll believe it when I see him in an ISU uniform in Hilton.

300px-Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Welcome to CyclonAtion Caleb.

Really nice pick up for Prohm/ISU. A freshman class of Tre Jackson at PG/CG, Caleb Grill CG/SG, Leech at SF and Luke Anderson at SF/PF has a nice mix of talent projected interchangeable rolls.

Plus as I can already see grill gifs, videos, and references CFer's will now be able to use when CG splashes a 3 will be epic.

This I believe is key. I just don’t think we are a program that can have 1-2 1-and-done or 2-and-done kids. We need to build the model that we saw in the final 4 teams. Keep kids in the program for 3 years minimum. I believe this class and last year’s class fit this mold, with continued development.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Not sure if this really moves the needle were looking like toughness and hustle could be a big problem with this squad. Does anybody know if Enyi has any basketball background? We should really be looking at what CMC has done and see if he’s let Prohm use a couple of his guys.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Good surprise but I guess it wouldn't have been much of a surprise if I knew he was an ISU fan to begin with. I think this is a kid with some development could a really good player. Good kid to have for the future.