Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Edit: this is the new Star Wars live-action series coming to the Disney Streaming service in 2019. Rumor is that S1 will be 8 episodes long

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
First official image from The Mandalorian:

upload_2018-10-4_22-25-19.jpeg

List of Directors of the show:

Dave Filoni (Creator of The Clone Wars series and will be directing the pilot)

Deborah Chow (previous work includes episodes of Jessica Jones, Man in the High Castle, and Mr Robot)

Rick Famuyiwa (Directed the movie Dope and was pursued by DC to direct The Flash film)

Bryce Dallas Howard (yes, the actress and Ron Howard’s daughter)

Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I get it. No doubt. Regardless, I would love to hear the thoughts of Pedro Pascal from those that do watch him on Game of Thrones. Sure, there has to be some pretty good acting done from those Game of Thrones actors/actresses, but count me a little gun shy every since Finn Jones moved over to Iron Fist from there. That dude is just not a very good actor. I'm sorry.
Pascal is great. I am a fan of this choice.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-tv-show-cast-pedro-pascal/

Looks like Jon Favreu's upcoming Star Wars TV show has cast its lead Pedro Pascal. While I haven't seen a ton from this guy since I don't watch Game of Thrones, I vaguely remember him being pretty good in Kingsman 2. Therefore, I'm liking this I think.

He's the lead in Narcos, which might be my favorite show. He's absolutely great. I don't watch Thrones either.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He's great in both Narcos and GoT. This is a home run casting IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
This is rumored to be a leaked poster for Episode 9:

D2q7TlYWoAEVq9y.jpg:large

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
i doubt random aliens and bad photoshops will make it on the movie poster

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That alien looks like the lovechild of Jar Jar Binks and Muddy Mudskipper.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So what do you want/hope to see most at Star Wars celebration? Here's my list:

1. Mandalorian footage/info
2. Episode 9 title/trailer/info
3. Obi-Wan series announcement/info (unlikely)
4. Cassian Andor announcement/info
5. Benioff and Weiss Trilogy announcement/info (unlikely)
6. Rian Johnson Trilogy announcement/info (unlikely)
7. Clone Wars

There is going to be a bunch of stuff on Galaxies Edge, games, books, and comics for sure too. Plus more on the next season of the Resistance, but I haven't been able to watch that so I can't say I'm to interested in that. I do think the master and apprentice book by Claudia Grey looks cool but I'm not really excited for any news about that.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So what do you want/hope to see most at Star Wars celebration? Here's my list:

1. Mandalorian footage/info
2. Episode 9 title/trailer/info
3. Obi-Wan series announcement/info (unlikely)
4. Cassian Andor announcement/info
5. Benioff and Weiss Trilogy announcement/info (unlikely)
6. Rian Johnson Trilogy announcement/info (unlikely)
7. Clone Wars

There is going to be a bunch of stuff on Galaxies Edge, games, books, and comics for sure too. Plus more on the next season of the Resistance, but I haven't been able to watch that so I can't say I'm to interested in that. I do think the master and apprentice book by Claudia Grey looks cool but I'm not really excited for any news about that.

Rian Johnson currently working on another film which comes out this November, so there's not a whole lot to show or discuss for that trilogy. I would guess Benioff & Weiss are also in the same boat with GOT wrapping up and they will do the press circuit after that conclusion.

My guess is Episode 9 title is revealed. Pedro Pascal (the star of the Mandolorian) & Jon Favreau (series creator) discuss the series and debut an entire action scene and trailer from the series. We may also get a first hint at how much Disney Plus will cost.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rian Johnson currently working on another film which comes out this November, so there's not a whole lot to show or discuss for that trilogy. I would guess Benioff & Weiss are also in the same boat with GOT wrapping up and they will do the press circuit after that conclusion.

My guess is Episode 9 title is revealed. Pedro Pascal (the star of the Mandolorian) & Jon Favreau (series creator) discuss the series and debut an entire action scene and trailer from the series. We may also get a first hint at how much Disney Plus will cost.
Yeah, thats why I listed them as unlikely. Especially the Rian Johnson trilogy. I say there is a small chance we hear something on the Benioff and Weiss trilogy if there is any truth to the rumors they want to start production this fall, but that seems like a stretch. I doubt we hear anything on any new movies.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think there will be a title and trailer for Episode 9. I also think we will get a synopsis of Benioff and Weiss project. People who are on site will probably get to watch the first episode of the Clone Wars season.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I am going Friday to Celebration. Is anyone else going?