Hoiberg to Huskers

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Meanwhile from Huskerland...:)

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/...t-another-candidate-may-be-in-the-mix.237367/

"Nebraska is a bit of a Schleprock for coaches, not the best of good fortune for the past few decades."

"Regardless of how we want to spin it or discredit it, Moos was still the AS that brought Frost back, period. And since then he’s done a great job. Now he’s about to bring Hoiberg back home, yet another Home run for Bill Moos. He’s now what, 2-2 and both are HRs....good on him as I’m glad we got him."

"I'm extremely confident that Hoiberg will be Nebraska’s next head coach. I have a cousin that works for Hulu and he got a call to transfer Fred Hoiberg’s service to a Lincoln, NE address. It’s happening."

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think Prohm and the staff will kill him on the recruiting trail.

I am not too concerned going up against Fred in recruiting. Miles was relatively successful getting talent to Nebraska through transfers and high school and Prohm really didn't compete for the same players. Most recruits that would chose Neb would want to play in the Big 10 vs Big 12, I will hurt EIU way more over the next few years for local recruits IMO .We need to see who CFH-Neb would get as recruiters but I assume he'll stay in the MW (and if Matt A. the NE)

There could be a hit in Illinois, MN and Iowa but, other than last years class the Prohm and the staff are pretty established and really focused on the South and South East for players anyway.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/...t-another-candidate-may-be-in-the-mix.237367/

"Nebraska is a bit of a Schleprock for coaches, not the best of good fortune for the past few decades."

"I'm extremely confident that Hoiberg will be Nebraska’s next head coach. I have a cousin that works for Hulu and he got a call to transfer Fred Hoiberg’s service to a Lincoln, NE address. It’s happening."

That is 100% not how Hulu works... it isn't cable, lmfao.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: GTO and khardbored

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

ha, Fred transferred Hulu to his newly purchased home? or is he renting?
Pretty impressive Fred already has his family's house hold in order and makes sure they wont miss 30Rock reruns when they move in next week.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I will be glad when this is done and we can stop having articles and podcasts on here telling us how happy we should be for Fred. The threads are one thing but I’m donating money each month because I think everyone here does a great job. I’m not donating so that I get dozens of articles and podcasts about the Nebraska coach.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I love how Nebby fan isn’t concerned about the timing. They already have people transferring out, other transfers are already looking at new schools, and there’s a whole 2019 class signed that is probably weighing their options as well right now. No rush though.

Things move faster in 2019 than the last time Fred had his head in the game.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I love how Nebby fan isn’t concerned about the timing. They already have people transferring out, other transfers are already looking at new schools, and there’s a whole 2019 class signed that is probably weighing their options as well right now. No rush though.

Things move faster in 2019 than the last time Fred had his head in the game.
Fred is likely already contacting recruits and transfers to his advantage outside of NCAA rules prior to him officially being named.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Fred is likely already contacting recruits and transfers to his advantage outside of NCAA rules prior to him officially being named.

Not if he’s not planning on taking the job. If it was that easy then Bama wouldn’t have announced Oats right away they just could have left him out there playing without rules.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
This post from the husker board sums up Nebraska basketball fans.

Mike Anderson is gonna be our baseball coach again?!? /sarcasm

Honestly, I have never followed NU hoops closely, other than 2014. I don't really know who Hoiberg is, but I understand he is a homerun hire.

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Anyone else out there like me and hope Fred has about as much success with Nebby as he did with the Bulls? I hope Nebby is just terrible with him as their head coach.
That's where I'm at. I hope Nebby is always terrible. Not personal.

• Agree
Reactions: clones8232

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Several thoughts running thru my mind:
1) Fred wanted Timberwolves, (I wasn’t blowing smoke on that at all, trust me) ... apparently they aren’t interested asof now. May keep Saunders, idk.
2) Fred wants to coach, plus lifestyle he & his family live now require employment. Not like he’ll sell real estate instead-lol. NU willing to pay big$. Matt will handle recruiting woes.
3) It is a ‘fit’ no matter how much it sours us some.
4) Feel sorry for Prohm (yes I know, he inherited great players & loves his job) but first recruit Fred gets over us or NCAA success it will still be used against him ‘by some fans’. Will he ever get out of Freds ghost as CW’s podcast hinted?

All in all, it’s stuff we can’t fret over. Love Fred but we all must move past it. Looking forward to more success with OUR coach..Coach Prohm!

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
1) Fred wanted Timberwolves, (I wasn’t blowing smoke on that at all, trust me) ... apparently they aren’t interested asof now. May keep Saunders, idk.
2) Fred wants to coach, plus lifestyle he & his family live now require employment. Not like he’ll sell real estate instead-lol. NU willing to pay big$. Matt will handle recruiting woes.
5) Feel sorry for Prohm (yes I know, he inherited great players & loves his job) but first recruit Fred gets over us or NCAA success it will still be used against him ‘by some fans’. Will he ever get out of Freds ghost as CW’s podcast hinted?

All in all, it’s stuff we can’t fret over. Love Fred but we all must move past it. Looking forward to more success with OUR coach..Coach Prohm!

"My motivation is this ghost I'm chasing," James said in an interview with Sports Illustrated.

"The ghost played in Chicago."

Prohm is coaching against a ghost.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
"My motivation is this ghost I'm chasing," James said in an interview with Sports Illustrated.

"The ghost played in Chicago."

Prohm is coaching against a ghost.

I think it is natural to always compare the current coach with the last coach. With Hoiberg, it was always talking about how much he showed how McDermott really sucked. The worst part with this one though is that Fred is a ISU legend and brought the program back.

I think if there had been a coach in between them, you wouldn't hear the back and forth. I really don't understand why people can't like both but that's just me.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
4) Feel sorry for Prohm (yes I know, he inherited great players & loves his job) but first recruit Fred gets over us or NCAA success it will still be used against him ‘by some fans’. Will he ever get out of Freds ghost as CW’s podcast hinted?

I'm with you on everything except the bolded. Fred has probably earned somewhere north of $50,000,000.00 during his career as a player, front office man and a coach. He also doesn't seem like someone that would have squandered all of that away.

• Useful
Reactions: khardbored

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think it is natural to always compare the current coach with the last coach. With Hoiberg, it was always talking about how much he showed how McDermott really sucked. The worst part with this one though is that Fred is a ISU legend and brought the program back.

I think if there had been a coach in between them, you wouldn't hear the back and forth. I really don't understand why people can't like both but that's just me.

I think you would admit the level of comparison between Fred and Steve is basically something like an 11 on a 10 point scale. I thought it would start to fade after this season, but with Fred at a regional/historical rival, it is going to keep on going and going.

Reactions: BetterThanYou