***Official Baylor postgame thread***

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
He said every team is going to come in here and try to walk the ball up the floor--ie: play slow. OK Steve--what are you going to do about that? Crickets.

So you are taking that as his admission he doesn't know how to coach that? Just asking.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I'll accept a round of 32 bounce this year to get an elite 8 run next year from THT/Wigginton/Haliburton/Lard

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
This team really misses Young. Jacobson and Lard are both getting abused in the paint and the guards do not crash the boards enough to overcome that weakness.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Who's sick of small ball? We obviously suck at it against teams who are going to slow the game down, and its not like we have great shooters who can light it up from 3.

This season is a complete wash, next year I wanna Jacobson/Lard and Young/Conditt on the floor in some combination at the 4 and 5. Sick and tired of watching us continually get abused by more phyiscal teams while we run guard oriented teams out of the gym. Get some grown ass men out there next year who arent going to let other teams come into Hilton and push them around.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
How many more wins will it take to get a 6 seed and who will they be? I’m really concerned that they could get swept by TCU based on tonight’s performance

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
fans should come to home games dressed in the other schools colors and cheer for them instead. Maybe then they can win the home games.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Man, when does football season start?

Grow up. We are likely going to the tournament. We have 3 road wins against ranked teams.

We are a good team.

Be pissed about tonight. I sure as hell am, but don’t act like we are West Virginia.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
What? We have significant holes.

The freshmen disappear a lot. That's to be expected.

NWB is a game manager. He's not going to lose you games but he isn't going to win then either.

Shayok is a jump shooter. He gets in trouble putting the ball on the floor.

Lard is still raw and poor fundamentally. Ridiculous athleticism but plays like he's still the best player on the floor like in HS where you can get away with being completely undisciplined.

Jacobson is a role player but the best option we have. He plays hard but he doesn't have any skills that stand out.

Wigginton is the only combo threat we have. He can take over a game but when he tries and doesn't make shots we're toast.

Calling NWB a game manager is wildly complementary. He's a nice role player. I agree that this team goes as Wiggs goes. Why he doesn't start is alarming

Last edited:

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
What? We have significant holes.

The freshmen disappear a lot. That's to be expected.

NWB is a game manager. He's not going to lose you games but he isn't going to win then either.

Shayok is a jump shooter. He gets in trouble putting the ball on the floor.

Lard is still raw and poor fundamentally. Ridiculous athleticism but plays like he's still the best player on the floor like in HS where you can get away with being completely undisciplined.

Jacobson is a role player but the best option we have. He plays hard but he doesn't have any skills that stand out.

Wigginton is the only combo threat we have. He can take over a game but when he tries and doesn't make shots we're toast.

Baylor had 18 offensive rebounds on 38 misses tonight. It’s up to the coach to have the team ready to play.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Yup, Prohm must have missed everyone of them.

Obviously, he did not miss the shots. We had a few good looks (one of the Shayok threes). But many of these shots were low-quality, bad looks and they weren't the only option. There was time on the shot clock, or we didn't move the ball well on the possession. Baylor's D down the stretch wasn't lockdown. There were chances. We played much more selfish down the stretch and paid the price.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
We’ve played zone. Not much but we’ve done it.

the problem with zone is that rebound position is compromised, given that we got compromised rather severely on the boards playing man, I don't think playing zone would skew the totals that much.

Give it a shot.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Calling NWB a game manager is wildly complementary. He's a nice role player. I agree that this team will goes as Wiggs goes. Why he doesn't start is alarming

If Babb even has a decent game today we win. He struggled tonight (understatement).

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yes. But, when a team is doing that to you, you need to go big. It's almost as if Iowa State doesn't even understand the concept of "going big"

This is crap.

No, you have turn them over to make up the difference. We were terrible on the defensive end tonight. We were lifeless, a step slow everywhere. Prohm needed to extend the pressure a bit. Pick up the tempo, and get the guys moving their feet. Seemed like we were stuck in clay a lot of the night.

The other factor was the refs let them play tonight. We will always be at a disadvantage against baylor in that type of game.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
He said every team is going to come in here and try to walk the ball up the floor--ie: play slow. OK Steve--what are you going to do about that? Crickets.
Gotta rebound to set tempo. If you don't it's a lot harder to beat Baylor's 3 guys on the boards back down to the other end. Want Baylor to quit killing you on the board? Get them and make them pay in transition. Don't get them? Inbound it after the layup.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This team really misses Young. Jacobson and Lard are both getting abused in the paint and the guards do not crash the boards enough to overcome that weakness.

I think you’re right. Solomon was probably our versatile 4/5 guy and now we don’t seem to have an option to go bigger.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Grow up. We are likely going to the tournament. We have 3 road wins against ranked teams.

We are a good team.

Be pissed about tonight. I sure as hell am, but don’t act like we are West Virginia.
Idiot...it's a joke on how many people always said "can't wait for basketball season" when we had a bad football game. It's obvious we have a good basketball team.