***Official Baylor postgame thread***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Actually the did not really adjust to it, they just stuck with throw it up and get the board,
They shot 43% okay but not great, but when you get 2nd and 3rd chances.. well.

Yes. But, when a team is doing that to you, you need to go big. It's almost as if Iowa State doesn't even understand the concept of "going big"

This is crap.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Gotta say I'll start to lean a bit on CSP if he says in the post-game that he should have gone big or something.

This roster isn't meant for that, it's not a strength, etc, but if there was something he had as an option or had been looking at or whatever and didn't...yikes.
Even if he doesn’t say it he should have at least tried it during the middle portion of the 2nd half.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
True but after watching this team and the talent they have, that’s an underachievement.

Plus a 5 seed isn’t a guarantee at the moment.
Talent-wise, maybe. However, we're relying on two freshman and two transfers, which makes the inconsistency make some sense. Why are we so bad at home? I don't know; its frustrating. Thank goodness we've stolen some on the road.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I'm pretty much done with the season now. The rest of the games this season are fairly meaningless..They aren't contending for a title, but I still expect they'll make the tourney. At this point I'm not looking forward to it, though, because they are just BEGGING to be upset by a 9 or 10 seed willing to work for it.

Why does everyone keep saying this. We've lost more games at home than away.
Doesn't look good for KC, but the NCAA we have a real shot!

• Disagree
Reactions: Spanky

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It's time to stop worrying about fast breaks, all 5 guys need to rebound. There was one possession where Lard went up for a defensive rebound against 3 Baylor guys, no other Iowa State was withing 20 feet of the basket. At least two guys were running the other way near half court already, and we didn't even have the ball!
The best was the fast break by Baylor, missed shot, three ISU players stand there while Gillespie hustles and gets the board.

Practice this week should consist of nothing but Frank Martins favorite murderball rebounding drill.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Well I posted this in the Iowa collapse thread ... Gonna be fun to watch all the Fran “haters” over on HN.

Just as well let it apply to us to... Gonna to be fun to watch all the Prohm “haters” here on CF.

He deserves the hate tonight. He's a coach who looks good when his plan is working. When his plan isn't working though, he's like an old sea captain, he's going to stand on the deck and watch the ship sink as he goes down with it. It's baffling to me how he won't even attempt to do something different when what we are doing isn't working.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
We missed 9 straight shots from 6:27 to 0:27 and went from up 1 to down 6
And of those that I can remember Halliburton's missed three being a good shot. Shayok took 2?terrible shots, NWB took 2 terrible shots, and Wiggy took a poor jumper. By that time the game was over.

This team has no upperclassman leadership. When we need a bucket, there isn't a guard that forces action at the rim or a guy we can give it to on the block and let 'em go to work.

Then we missed a jumper and have no ability to get stops unless we get a steal.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Have to win on the road at TCU to cover this up, just like we did last week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron