Bill Snyder finally retiring

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Klieman will coach NDSU through the playoffs. Wonder if Mess comes with him.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I hope he makes the mistake of bringing nearly zero staff along for the ride. Coaches seem to do best when they bring a large part of their staff with them.

He's taking his DC Matt Entz, Messingham is going and probably NDSUs strength coach who is the one guy that has been there the entire NDSU run and is really well thought of.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Mess is the new KSU OC?!?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I lol at that, but without looking at the other staff, Mess may actually have more experience recruiting for a P5 program than anyone else. He might not have been GOOD at it (I honestly don’t know, I’m not sure which players he brought here) but he does have the experience, which has some form of value, I’m sure.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I lol at that, but without looking at the other staff, Mess may actually have more experience recruiting for a P5 program than anyone else. He might not have been GOOD at it (I honestly don’t know, I’m not sure which players he brought here) but he does have the experience, which has some form of value, I’m sure.
Mess was bad at it. Those plays in the pistol formation....brutal.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Mess was bad at it. Those plays in the pistol formation....brutal.

He's totally different at NDSU. They're about a 50/50 split under center/shot gun. True pro-style. Pound the run and then throw over the top.

OCs take a lot of blame but a lot of times it's head coaches more or less telling the OC to run the HCs system.

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
He's taking his DC Matt Entz, Messingham is going and probably NDSUs strength coach who is the one guy that has been there the entire NDSU run and is really well thought of.

SO WRONG

Entz From Iowa is New NDSU coach.

NDSU strength coach staying.

We are trying to push Messingham out, but idiots at Kstate have an OC locked into 2021! They could make mess QB or Asst Coach down there.

OL coach staying at NDSU too, we will be just fine. Friday Night 7pm ESPN 2 come watch!

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
lakesbison, why don't you venture over to k-statefans.com and join into the fun? I do not necessarily agree with your views but would love to have you there for the sheer entertainment value of the way that you are "the straw that stirs the drink."

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: aeroclone and surly

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
SO WRONG

Entz From Iowa is New NDSU coach.

NDSU strength coach staying.

We are trying to push Messingham out, but idiots at Kstate have an OC locked into 2021! They could make mess QB or Asst Coach down there.

OL coach staying at NDSU too, we will be just fine. Friday Night 7pm ESPN 2 come watch!

You think K-State should hire Messingham as their new OC? LMAO!!!!!!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hey Lakes, NDSU going to let coach Klieman go now that Entz has been named head coach, or does he have to stay in Fargo for the playoffs final if they win tonight v. the Jacks?

And BTW, if coach didn't want the current staff members, he was free to let them go, any or all. There are no golden handcuffs or retainer requirements in spite of what Littrell's camp said to the contrary. See 5:40 mark. The only announcement so far is that he's keeping the recruiting coordinator.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hey Lakes, NDSU going to let coach Klieman go now that Entz has been named head coach, or does he have to stay in Fargo for the playoffs final if they win tonight v. the Jacks?

And BTW, if coach didn't want the current staff members, he was free to let them go, any or all. There are no golden handcuffs or retainer requirements in spite of what Littrell's camp said to the contrary.

You seem to be the only one saying that Kansas State is not requiring their new coach to keep some of the staff.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

And BTW, if coach didn't want the current staff members, he was free to let them go, any or all. There are no golden handcuffs or retainer requirements in spite of what Littrell's camp said to the contrary. See 5:40 mark.

Do you think a new coach would ever admit to having to keep assistants? No idea if he did,but that would instill 0 confidence in the staff.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
If you watched the video, the AD said there was no such requirement. Now, you can say he's a liar if you choose. But I take him for his word. The reality is that there are some fine assistants on Snyder's staff and several will be retained for that reason.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If you watched the video, the AD said there was no such requirement. Now, you can say he's a liar if you choose. But I take him for his word. The reality is that there are some fine assistants on Snyder's staff and several will be retained for that reason.
If Sean is retained we will know for certain that it is ********.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
FootballScoop Special Teams Coordinator of the Year (2015)
Special Teams Coach of the Year (ESPN)(2017)
Special Teams Coach of the Year (Phil Steele)(2015, 2017)
If there could be anything as bad as having the previous head coach still in the AD looking over your shoulder it would be having one of his sons still on the football coaching staff.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I hope to all hell that Sean is retained... what a side show this would be.

Imagine what happens when Klieman does something Bill does not approve of.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone