Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This baby shark thing needs to go away. Too damn catchy and makes it impossible to get to bed.

Just in case anyone was wondering...

I just have to say this was a thing when I worked in a Preschool 18 years ago. Same exact song. Amazing what interwebz/social media can do to make things go viral.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Started doing Christmas cards again a few years ago. Mucking my way through them this evening. Cards that don't suck are getting harder and harder to find. Everyone sends those impersonal photocards. I assume my friends contract that out since they don't even have to sign them? :rolleyes: Or has Facebook holiday proclamations killed even the photocards?

Anyway, using up leftover cards (cause they are cooler than anything I could find this year) from past years and hoping I don't send duplicates but then again who the hell would remember or know? Well, I'd know cause I have a @cowgirl836 like listing from the last five year. CG would not be impressed that it's noted in a Word file of addresses and not in a cool spreadsheet. :oops:

Don't have Pants address so no card for Riley this year.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/iowa/sabula-ia/

According to this site it was once connected but isn't now. I agree that on satellite imagery it certainly looks like that is a land connection but their nickname suggests otherwise: Sebula, The Island City.
0f1ad730-06f3-4ad3-8636-ca7c3c887afe.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Got a new to me recliner today, the foot rest on mine broke a while back, finally got it removed and brought the new one home today. Also fixed tailgates and door locks on work trucks (well if just lubing them till they drown in JB80 and getting them working again counts as fixing).

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We went out and did a little Christmas shopping today. And the fun part is that I made an offhand comment about something and it found its way into our cart. Happy me! I am the proud owner of a retro game, an NES Classic Edition. It comes with 30 games loaded, including Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and the most important (to me, anyway) - Dr. Mario!!!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We went out and did a little Christmas shopping today. And the fun part is that I made an offhand comment about something and it found its way into our cart. Happy me! I am the proud owner of a retro game, an NES Classic Edition. It comes with 30 games loaded, including Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and the most important (to me, anyway) - Dr. Mario!!!

I think I remember that game....isn't it similar to Tetris?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I remember a Christmas years ago when we bought a Super NES for the kids. Three of us were up almost all night trying to get all the way through the Super Mario Bros. II game. Finally (about 4AM) I managed to rescue the princess and we all went to bed. (The vixen thought we were crazy.)

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Alright, just so I know who to look for, at least guess; Who is going to SA? I know Velo (remembering longer hair or maybe even mullet style from Hilton so that is what I will look for). Not sure who else. I figure I can narrow it down if we all wear ISU stuff.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Alright, just so I know who to look for, at least guess; Who is going to SA? I know Velo (remembering longer hair or maybe even mullet style from Hilton so that is what I will look for). Not sure who else. I figure I can narrow it down if we all wear ISU stuff.
I'll be there, I figure I should get to the hotel about 6pm on Dec 27.

Reactions: BCClone

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

I'll be there. I'm the really, really, really, really, really good looking guy in Iowa State gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.