Alright WSU fan here

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
D

Deleted member 8507

I will say I have always been a WSU fan since I spent a year in Seattle (and around Husky fans) in 1991. The similarities between the universities alone make this almost a family reunion. Others have already pointed out, We are Ag/Tech colleges in two uni state where the other uni gets the press and hype (and have blow hard fans).

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Imagine Iowa playing Iowa State in a blizzard, Iowa State losing that game, which cost us the chance to play for a conference championship and perhaps bigger and better things. And then you had to watch Iowa beat up on a team in the championship game that ISU beat up on earlier in the year. We'd be bitter too.

That's pretty much what happened to WSU in a nutshell.
so like the Drake game but theirs actually had meaning?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Quick rundown on us

Started 1-3 before putting in freshman Brock Purdy at QB (who picked us over Alabama and Texas A&M). He saved our season.

David Montgomery is our star running back. Power back that does not go down easy. Yards per carry wont blow you away, but a lot of that is due to him running behind an average offensive line.

Hakeem Butler is our star wide receiver. 6'6 225 lbs that has speed. Has some head scratching drops, but will also make plays like this

Defense was the best in the Big 12, but struggled later in the year as injuries piled up. As mentioned earlier, we run a 3-3-5 and it all starts with our nose guard Ray Lima who is 6-3 305 lbs.

Calling our line average is a very high compliment to them

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Cy4Lifer

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The OL is in terrible shape. The DL has key injuries. If Butler and Mont skip the bowl for the draft...…..

Butler was asked directly about the bowl game and said he would play. He's also one of the guys Iowa state made available today. Not sure about Montgomery.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I think we are over matched in this game, especially with way ISU has degraded in NOV
That had a lot to due with numerous injuries on the D. Hopefully they heal up in the next 3 weeks.
Need Uwazurike, Payne, Young, and Eisworth to be at or near 100%.

From what Campbell said today, it sounds like their injuries weren’t as bad as they originally thought.