Ideas for avoiding technicals

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
The conference sent CSP an email stating that they are trying to eliminate the "celebration" on the court and reigning in emotion because the NBA is getting to "chippy" right now.

Like what the heck??? Overreact much??? Try not to have TOO much fun young men.

So you can throw a punch at an opposing fan and not get suspended, but you get T'd up for having emotion and celebrating during a completive contact sporting event.

Common sense just isn't very common I guess.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2020cy and cygrads

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
What bothers me is that a ref can show emotion when they make a big call in a game, which can have a huge impact on how the crowd responds, but a player showing emotion is called a technical. Idk how many times a ref has overreacted on a charge or block call and it creates or takes momentum in a game. Its something I never see people complain about but it annoys me.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The conference sent CSP an email stating that they are trying to eliminate the "celebration" on the court and reigning in emotion because the NBA is getting to "chippy" right now.
Like what the heck??? Overreact much???

Besides the two called on Lard, has anyone seen any Big12 player get T'ed for this? Can't believe he is the only one showing 'emotion'.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Besides the two called on Lard, has anyone seen any Big12 player get T'ed for this? Can't believe he is the only one showing 'emotion'.

Which is even more perplexing seeing as Lard hasn't been around long enough to earn a reputation yet.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Unless Cam is yelling slurs and Fbombs I think he's being officiated a little overly strict. Today's really didn't look bad...unless he's saying some really horrific stuff we can't hear. Just about anything not involving slurs or F bombs should have been fine with today's.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I feel like most players in the Big 12 yell like a maniac after a block or dunk.

Playing "basketball" like WVU is going to cause more extracurricular issues than yelling after a dunk.

Reactions: Doc

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron