Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I ordered stuff on Amazon Monday, still hasn't shipped. Normally when I order stuff from Amazon (which isn't very often) I get an email 2 weeks later saying it isn't in stock and my order has been cancelled. I don't understand why everyone loves Amazon. I'm looking at you @stormchaser2014

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I ordered stuff on Amazon Monday, still hasn't shipped. Normally when I order stuff from Amazon (which isn't very often) I get an email 2 weeks later saying it isn't in stock and my order has been cancelled. I don't understand why everyone loves Amazon. I'm looking at you @stormchaser2014

We have thankfully never had many issues with Amazon and I will be buying something off of it tonight. #CoolStoryBro

In related news I hate the aviation tax. How can RAM mounts be so damn expensive?!?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I started reading this post and thought for sure it was chaser. Dude, your bad luck with online ordering is rubbing off on all of us.:(

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

NWICY is also getting the "shipping" curse. He mailed me a ticket to tonights WBB game on Friday. Didn't get here yesterday and I told mail carrier I was looking for a letter. Mail is usually delivered at 4 p.m. or so here but mail carrier (she is awesome) looked in her stuff this morning and called me at 9 a.m. to let me know it wasn't there today either. She's more of a good neighbor then any of my real neighbors.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
You didn't ask me, but I'll answer. Overall, yeah. Pretty creepy stuff, interesting characters. I think parts of it were a bit excessive, but it's one I've watched more than once.

I must admit I read the reviews first, and was hoping for more than I got. The premise is pretty awesome - kind of like Alien without the graphic effects. There was an old sci-fi movie from back in the 50s called "The Creeping Unknown" which was a similar plot.....spaceship returns to Earth, two astronauts missing, and the third catatonic. No explanation given, which made it all the creepier. I believe Val Guest was the director and Brian Donlevy the star.

Some stories like this make me think of David Cronenberg - his technical abilities aren't quite up to the level of his ideas.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Maybe it depends what you are ordering. I order from Amazon frequently and I've never had that experience.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Maybe it depends what you are ordering. I order from Amazon frequently and I've never had that experience.

The counterfeit ripoff stuff directly from China can take longer to ship. :rolleyes:

This is the part that bugs me most about internet buying, have to be a little selective. Was looking for a Samsung cradle charger for sis for Xmas. Lots of fake super low priced ones popped up. Even with comments posted by pissed off buyers that they are fake they still sell tons of them and Amazon doesn't do a damn thing about. Ended up walking into Target and buying it. Not a great price but other brick and mortars were all sold out and I am 99.99% sure it was not a fake.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Great, now I have to worry that you are going to crash into my house because you are distracted by Clash of Clans on your IPad.

True story. Flying a couple of buddies back in Kansas and I took off and we were flying along when I realize that I forgot to get the iPad set up. No big deal I can do both. Lesson learned...in MY mind I can do both. The plane banked maybe a few degrees and they freaked out. I banked it much more than that the time that MrsWx said "Hey that pond looks like a whale" and I obviously had to see for myself.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
True story. Flying a couple of buddies back in Kansas and I took off and we were flying along when I realize that I forgot to get the iPad set up. No big deal I can do both. Lesson learned...in MY mind I can do both. The plane banked maybe a few degrees and they freaked out. I banked it much more than that the time that MrsWx said "Hey that pond looks like a whale" and I obviously had to see for myself.
Did you do an Immelmann to see the whale?

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I get most things next day if I order early enough in the day since there is an Amazon warehouse only an hour from me, even though I select 2 day. Though I think they have started purposely delaying orders so they don't lose out on the 1 day up-charge.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I must admit I read the reviews first, and was hoping for more than I got. The premise is pretty awesome - kind of like Alien without the graphic effects. There was an old sci-fi movie from back in the 50s called "The Creeping Unknown" which was a similar plot.....spaceship returns to Earth, two astronauts missing, and the third catatonic. No explanation given, which made it all the creepier. I believe Val Guest was the director and Brian Donlevy the star.

Some stories like this make me think of David Cronenberg - his technical abilities aren't quite up to the level of his ideas.
There's a lot of great low budget sci-fi from the 50's that could be remade. There were some great ideas but they didn't have the budget or the special effects technology like they have now. Instead they'll decide they want to remake Back to the Future or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.