Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
005_the_abyss.jpg
One of my favorite movies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Well I was going to post a picture I took at the farm yesterday to make @cowgirl836 all excited but it says it is too large and after trying four different file formats I am giving up.

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Went to Menard's and bought some new air filters. Replaced Friday nite. Seems to be working -- it was good all weekend.

Had that issue on our old furnace a couple of months after we moved in. Of course it was one of these below zero nights and about 9PM and we start to notice that it is getting cold in the house. check the vents and there is warm air coming out but not much flow. Start poking around and I can't figure it out so I called my dad. Took a few minutes before it occurred to him to suggest checking the filter. I had never seen a dirtier filter and thankfully I already had one on hand.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That plane leaving the runway in Turkey was something else, it was pretty amazing no one got hurt. Guess that's why they tell you to buckle up when landing.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Had that issue on our old furnace a couple of months after we moved in. Of course it was one of these below zero nights and about 9PM and we start to notice that it is getting cold in the house. check the vents and there is warm air coming out but not much flow. Start poking around and I can't figure it out so I called my dad. Took a few minutes before it occurred to him to suggest checking the filter. I had never seen a dirtier filter and thankfully I already had one on hand.
It really makes a difference if you change your filters. Last June my AC seemingly stopped working and I went and saw it was freezing up. I had just had new freon added the year before. The filter was filthy. I turned the air off and just left the fan on to let it thaw and dry out for 24 hours. Replaced the extremely dirty filter and problem solved. When it got cold here I went and changed the filter.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
That plane leaving the runway in Turkey was something else, it was pretty amazing no one got hurt. Guess that's why they tell you to buckle up when landing.

I am as guilty of this as anyone but it is also a good reminder of why you should always wear shoes when flying and keep your passport in your pocket.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You can run a furnace without a filter If you have to. One problem that many don't think about is the intake pipe outside the house getting covered by a snow drift or something. Can choke it off. I one night just pulled a cover off and rigged the furnace to pull air from the basement. And the cool air returns. Found the issue in the morning. Many houses can have outside intakes also if they have larger homes and need to have a large furnace.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well I was going to post a picture I took at the farm yesterday to make @cowgirl836 all excited but it says it is too large and after trying four different file formats I am giving up.

Next time you think CG wants to see a nudity of you, just PM her, I know I don't care to see it and probably the rest don't.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My daughter was talking to us about one of her gifts from Santa yesterday, and I totally blew it. I was all, "Well, that's why got that one instead of the other one that we were looking at."

It really wasn't a big deal because she's way older than I was when I found out, and I think she was already there anyway. She took it in stride and enjoyed laughing at my mistake more than anything.

I was pretty intent on breaking the news to her pretty soon, but it was such a 'me' thing to do.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My daughter was talking to us about one of her gifts from Santa yesterday, and I totally blew it. I was all, "Well, that's why got that one instead of the other one that we were looking at."

It really wasn't a big deal because she's way older than I was when I found out, and I think she was already there anyway. She took it in stride and enjoyed laughing at my mistake more than anything.

I was pretty intent on breaking the news to her pretty soon, but it was such a 'me' thing to do.

What are you talking about? Found out what man? You saying you're one of those non believers?

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Someone needs to watch Polar Express.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
What are you talking about? Found out what man? You saying you're one of those non believers?

I ripped off the bandaid and told her about the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy, too.

She asked what we did with all of her teeth. She asked if we threw them all away. Unfortunately, we didn't. My wife wanted to keep them (which I think is gross, but whatever).

I'm going to give them all back to my daughter some night with a note saying "Here are your teeth back. I took $20 out of your purse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron