Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Drove back down to IC this morning. He ended up taking a whopping five minutes to get the key programmed. I understand that things can go wrong at times but come on man! I just wasted an hour and a half driving back and forth because you can't schedule people.

In other news I now have a key to a hangar with one plane in it that I can fly and another that I hope to be flying later this year burning a hole in my pocket.

Since you are now The Keymaster you now need to find The Gatekeeper.

latest

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Lost track of time, and didn't get a chance to eat lunch before heading to the radio station for a "double" shift. Now I'm starving. Might get Taco Juan's nachos afterwards.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Lost track of time, and didn't get a chance to eat lunch before heading to the radio station for a "double" shift. Now I'm starving. Might get Taco Juan's nachos afterwards.

Happened to me with my Library day today. Took a quick snack to fuel up and thought that I'd just order food or use the cafe around 2.
Turned out the cafe was closed today, and the places I tried to order from online wouldn't recognize the Library as an address. The people that do it must be calling in their orders, but I didn't bring cash.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Missed the mbb game today as Nevada had a rare Saturday game at Newton. Earlier this year our best player took over the school record for most points in a game at 40. Today she broke her own school record with a 44 point effort. Rode to the game with her folks and afterwards we stopped at ZombieBurger in DM. Burger wasn't bad but my god the prices. I had a modest meal and ending up spending $27.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bored. How bored? Went shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond for bathroom stuff. Kinda forgot if you totally remodel a bath after you gut it to the studs that it ain't really done when the guys are done. You need the stuff wives would remind you of, like soap dispenser thingy, tissue paper thingy, waste basket,, yada yada yada.

And a rug thingy. Guess you're supposed to have a rug thingy?

And towels! This little 5x8 room is just a needy little [insert CG term].

• Funny
Reactions: oldman

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
So I spent some time researching old job searches performed by this Canadian school, and I think I've learned that they prefer to move really fast.

The ones I found indicated that the first week of February involved both rejection letters and scheduling campus interviews. They apparently haven't been into the Skype interview first, and just like to get down to those last 2-3 right away. That's what I think I've learned.

It would be nice to see a second option out there that looks good. Saw a neat possibility that posted today for this current semester. That's a bit quick.
Another looked good. Saw "non-tenure track" and thought it was far from ideal, but at least a decent job. Turns out their current guy for that job is an adjunct, so this probably isn't a permanent position, but they decline to specify that in their ad. Nice.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I’m sorry I have been in here in a long time, I hope all of you are doing well! Have a missed any major news?

CG is pregnant with twins.

Pants married a 23 year old waitress.

Boxster did not die of Death Cold/Flu 2018 (yet)

Carver had a midlife career change and is now a famous pajama model.

Wigginton is [insert superlative of your choice]

Kansas still needs destroying.

Hawks suck.

It's cold outside.

Rulzzz has been banned from Hilton.

GTO is too cool for RTT.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Saw a job at a start-up university in Malta that a former colleague works at. Well, worked at.
Before I could ask her about this thing, she posted on Facebook that the school fired all of the faculty right before the semester and is replacing them immediately with adjuncts.

Moving to Malta for a 1 semester job seemed like a bad idea.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron