weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'd love to know which of

OU
TCU
UDub
Wisconsin
Miami

wouldn't be undefeated against Alabama's schedule...

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Is this the CFP you want? I'd rather each P5 champ be afforded the opportunity to settle it on the field...if we're calling it a playoff.
Yes. I want the 4 best teams in college football. I don't care about all the P5 champs because they aren't all created equal. Big 12 only has 10 teams, so we have a round-robin each year while the big 10 has 14 teams and some how Wisconsin managed to not play Michigan state, ohio state, penn state.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So, the SEC is better? How do you know?

Well Georgia is because they beat a ND team that hasn't been challenged by anyone else and the best Pac 12 team got curb stomped by them. Alabama is because have you watched them. No one from the Pac 12 has beaten anyone. There's like 8 Iowa States 3 Techs and 3 Baylors in that conference.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Use some common sense. Can you honestly watch Bama and UCF and think they are on the same level?
Common sense. That's fair. Give me a common sense reason that Alabama is rated five spots ahead of the Canes.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I like the P5 Champs getting automatic bids and then having 3 at large bids. The only issue is that who would play who. There would still be biases when ranking them 1-8. And for the argument that the conferences aren't created equal, you are right. They aren't. But if the #2 team in the SEC wanted in, they should have beaten the #1 SEC team. Why would a team get a chance at the playoffs when they couldn't beat their conference champ in the regular season (either during divisional play or the conference championship). And saying that a conference is garbage is very subjective. There is no way to tell unless the best team in the conference gets to play the best team of the others. If a conference is garbage then that conference's champion will get beat on the field, where that opinion turns to fact.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Well Georgia is because they beat a ND team that hasn't been challenged by anyone else and the best Pac 12 team got curb stomped by them. Alabama is because have you watched them. No one from the Pac 12 has beaten anyone. There's like 8 Iowa States 3 Techs and 3 Baylors in that conference.

What should I have seen? 24-10 over LSU?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I've always thought we should remove the human element from it.

8 conferences of 10

Conference champions advance -- period.

OOC games are for SOS, rivalries, and building up wins for bowl eligibility.

If you must, have a select committee for seeds but not who makes it.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If the old 1AA or the FCS now can have 16 teams in a playoff. Why can't the big boys?

Money.

One team is always playing at home until the Championship...the FBS will never allow such logic.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Common sense. That's fair. Give me a common sense reason that Alabama is rated five spots ahead of the Canes.

First I'll preface this by saying Miami is my second favorite team to ISU and I would have went to college there if it wasn't so expensive. I am excited to see Miami doing well again.

With that being said, once again you can't watch a Miami game and an Alabama game and tell me Alabama isn't better. Does Miami have the chance to be Bama level, yes but they have yet to show it. Yes they are winning but they have been very sloppy and very inconsistent. Bama doesn't have the sloppiness, they are consistent an precise in what they do.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I don't know, Miami played a heck of a lot better against Va Tech than I imagined. Alabama is beat up a little and a one dimensional offense and I think the defense has paused a little. We'll know more when they actually play some good teams what 10 weeks into the season.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
First I'll preface this by saying Miami is my second favorite team to ISU and I would have went to college there if it wasn't so expensive. I am excited to see Miami doing well again.

With that being said, once again you can't watch a Miami game and an Alabama game and tell me Alabama isn't better. Does Miami have the chance to be Bama level, yes but they have yet to show it. Yes they are winning but they have been very sloppy and very inconsistent. Bama doesn't have the sloppiness, they are consistent an precise in what they do.
I had some respect for you Curt. It's gone now. Goodbye Curt's respect.

My teams:
1. ND
2. UNI
3. ISU

I'm very excited to watch this weekends matchup between ND and Miami. ND has quite possibly the most dominating ground game in college football between Adams and Wimbush. Couple that with the fact Miami has had a cakewalk schedule, I hope the Irish take them to pound town. Population: Miami football team and Curt.

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Sure I can. Who has Alabama beaten that's better than VT?

This "eye test" stuff is nonsense. What does it even mean? Are we handing out championships based on heights, weights, 40 times and bench presses?

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Sure I can. Who has Alabama beaten that's better than VT?

This "eye test" stuff is nonsense. What does it even mean? Are we handing out championships based on heights, weights, 40 times and bench presses?

Full strength Florida State. The same Florida State Miami struggled with weeks later who was a shell of what Bama faced.

Last edited:

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Prior to the VT win Miami had 4 straight weeks of 1 possession games against teams either at or below .500. Alabama has outclassed nearly every single one of their opponents.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
The rankings are meaningless with 3 games and conference championship left. I don’t understand why anyone cares at this point.

• Winner
Reactions: Cydkar

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Full strength Florida State. The same Florida State Miami struggled with weeks later who was a shell of what Bama faced.
FSU and VT haven't played.

And all that FSU did was lose to both Bama and Miami. That doesn't account for a five spot rank disparity.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Prior to the VT win Miami had 4 straight weeks of 1 possession games against teams either at or below .500. Alabama has outclassed nearly every single one of their opponents.
Except the ranked one.