Texas Game Attendance

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
I think it was a combination of USC not playing at the level they were at the end of last season and Texas' 4- and 5-star guys getting up for a big game. We'll see if they can bring that same level of focus and intensity to a Thursday game in Ames against a team that might be better than they expect.

The downfall is that Herman knows exactly what can happen in JTS on a weeknight on national TV. He will have them ready to go. Every one of those high level recruits is going to know the cameras and lights will be on them.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014 and JM4CY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The downfall is that Herman knows exactly what can happen in JTS on a weeknight on national TV. He will have them ready to go. Every one of those high level recruits is going to know the cameras and lights will be on them.

Knowing is one thing but having the players buy in is another. This has been the problem at Texas for several years now. It's not like Strong or Herman were given the keys to a Chevette...

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Just checked again today, and it looks like even more empty seats than yesterday (I'm guessing returned tickets from Texas allotment). Basically the entire west side upper deck except for section E ranges from 1/2 full to completely empty. Hopefully there is a big push next week like a flash sale or something to get some more people in the stadium.

• Winner
Reactions: isu2014

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just checked again today, and it looks like even more empty seats than yesterday (I'm guessing returned tickets from Texas allotment). Basically the entire west side upper deck except for section E ranges from 1/2 full to completely empty. Hopefully there is a big push next week like a flash sale or something to get some more people in the stadium.
I looked at ticketmaster and it doesn't make sense. According to ticketmaster there are lots of open seats in the donor sections yet those showed mostly sold out when season tickets were still on sale before single game tickets were made available.

Cyliam

Sep 4, 2017

Hope Cytwins doesn't see this.
O

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: CRCy and JM4CY

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

**** it. Let's buy the tarp

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
$25 tix through FB go to ticket master and use IFBTIX in the code area. turns out to be $31 after Ticket master gets done adding on fees. Not saying you can't get cheaper or find better, but it was enough to get me to show up. Just thought I'd share it if anyone needs a break to convince them to come.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
$25 tix through FB go to ticket master and use IFBTIX in the code area. turns out to be $31 after Ticket master gets done adding on fees. Not saying you can't get cheaper or find better, but it was enough to get me to show up. Just thought I'd share it if anyone needs a break to convince them to come.

I vastly overpaid on Stub Hub two months ago. Don't care. Have 35 yard line lower deck seats. Now all I want is a good competitive game with a victory... or a Cyclone blowout win. Either one will do.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I vastly overpaid on Stub Hub two months ago. Don't care. Have 35 yard line lower deck seats. Now all I want is a good competitive game with a victory... or a Cyclone blowout win. Either one will do.

I ended up in the upper deck, it was that or lower corners. Congrats on the good seats! Hope we both get to see a Cyclone victory!

Reactions: Spanky and norcalcy

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Continue to be surprised that the athletic department isn't pushing this game more. Maybe we'll see a bunch of stuff tomorrow, but looking like the upper decks are going to be empty. Disappointing, but, at the same time, it's hard to bash on the turnout of our fans considering our recent results (in recent years).

• Agree

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
I have to think they'll try something to sell some tickets in the last few days here. It would be really embarrassing if the current seat map holds and we're playing a nationally televised game in front of 45,000 people...the west upper deck is almost empty.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I have to think they'll try something to sell some tickets in the last few days here. It would be really embarrassing if the current seat map holds and we're playing a nationally televised game in front of 45,000 people...the west upper deck is almost empty.
Given the recent trends in football attendance across the country and the history of our football program there will be nothing embarrassing about our attendance Thursday night.

CRCy

Sep 13, 2016
Given the recent trends in football attendance across the country and the history of our football program there will be nothing embarrassing about our attendance Thursday night.

I agree 100% but don't let some on here hear you say that especially after the laughable hot takes in the Penn State ticket thread.

• Disagree