Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I was just looking for a movie to watch and noticed that "F8 - The Fate of the Furious" was available. Should I see it? I haven't seen any of the first 7. Is it even possible that I'm alive and I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies?

Those movies have raked in over $5 billion dollars world wide so far. #6 on the most profitable movie franchises of all time list. How could you not see them!

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Those movies have racked in over $5 billion dollars world wide so far. #6 on the most profitable movie franchises of all time list. How could you not see them!
I know.

If I'd have watched those movies on demand (I would never see them in the theater), based upon an estimated average rental price of $3.50 (I know this is a rough guess for historical pricing), I could have brought about $28 additional dollars to the franchise.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I've seen the first one. It was ok, but that was enough Vin Diesel for me. I have a hard time with someone that doesn't act well that also chooses the pseudonym of Vin Diesel.

Good move by him, though. Mark Sinclair probably doesn't get that role.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
On the way back from the neighborhood trip to Colorado, I was giving an informal tour of Iowa using walkie talkies (we had one for each car).

When we got near Ames, I pointed out that it was the home of Iowa State University. I noted that prominent alumni include myself and the guy that founded Hooters. I noted that important inventions were the Rice Crispie Bar, the computer and the atomic bomb. I also mentioned that important events that occurred there included the world record setting game of Twister that, yours truly, was a part of. I did fail to mention that KC was a part of it also.

Did I miss anything important that I should follow up on (other than the fact that KC was in the Twister game)?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I went to your high school?
Is this you?
article-2332976-1A0DB8E7000005DC-151_634x554.jpg

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was just looking for a movie to watch and noticed that "F8 - The Fate of the Furious" was available. Should I see it? I haven't seen any of the first 7. Is it even possible that I'm alive and I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies?
I've seen 1-6 on cable (HBO or Cinemax) I tried watching 7 and didn't get very far.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
On the way back from the neighborhood trip to Colorado, I was giving an informal tour of Iowa using walkie talkies (we had one for each car).

When we got near Ames, I pointed out that it was the home of Iowa State University. I noted that prominent alumni include myself and the guy that founded Hooters. I noted that important inventions were the Rice Crispie Bar, the computer and the atomic bomb. I also mentioned that important events that occurred there included the world record setting game of Twister that, yours truly, was a part of. I did fail to mention that KC was a part of it also.

Did I miss anything important that I should follow up on (other than the fact that KC was in the Twister game)?

There's a video of this, but it's NSFWIYKWIM

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I've seen the first one. It was ok, but that was enough Vin Diesel for me. I have a hard time with someone that doesn't act well that also chooses the pseudonym of Vin Diesel.

Good move by him, though. Mark Sinclair probably doesn't get that role.
I did see Vin Diesel in XXX. That was enough Vin Diesel for me.

I do find it interesting that he was a huge Dungeons and Dragons nerd growing up.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Water, duh.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
If he's not bothering you and pays his bills, I don't see the problem.

Don't assume stuff about him. He's probably feeling like the third wheel. Or he is just one of those kids that plays video games constantly and doesn't leave the room. Offer to have him join you when you guys go out and if he turns you down repeatedly, stop offering. There are a lot worse people you can have for roommates than shy ones or video game recluses.
It's actually pretty nice that he stays in his room all the time and never haves anyone over, I just find it weird( especially because he's a senior).

Status
Not open for further replies.