****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

Cyclone Rebel

Apr 28, 2017
Results would say otherwise.

Honestly, the NCAA isn't going to waste the time and resources to go after a piss poor low major like UNLV. If I was running that joke of a program I'd be just as dirty as they currently are.

Well, Phyllis, enjoy the fact that UNLV just had it's worst season in school history, but don't worry about the Rebels, they'll get more than 11 wins this year. But maybe you're a little out of touch with what matters to recruits. Working out with NBA superstars isn't going to hurt recruiting, as Las Vegas Reb stated, the Rebels don't need a checkbook. Maybe Iowa State does? Or maybe they just need to do what one of you mentioned above and hire a kid's handler or AAU coach as an assistant, it worked for Missouri. If Iowa State can't get the NBA to come to you, maybe that would be the way to go. Good luck! (BTW, look for an AAU coach in Vegas the last week in July, they were all here this last week. As was practically every single college coach. It was great fun.:))

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well, Phyllis, enjoy the fact that UNLV just had it's worst season in school history, but don't worry about the Rebels, they'll get more than 11 wins this year. But maybe you're a little out of touch with what matters to recruits. Working out with NBA superstars isn't going to hurt recruiting, as Las Vegas Reb stated, the Rebels don't need a checkbook. Maybe Iowa State does? Or maybe they just need to do what one of you mentioned above and hire a kid's handler or AAU coach as an assistant, it worked for Missouri. If Iowa State can't get the NBA to come to you, maybe that would be the way to go. Good luck! (BTW, look for an AAU coach in Vegas the last week in July, they were all here this last week. As was practically every single college coach. It was great fun.:))

UNLV sucks at basketball no matter what goes on in Vegas. I actually think it would really suck to cheer for a program that attracts top recruits only to watch them incredibly under perform. Having high hopes every year just to watch it turn into terrible basketball would be maddening.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

Stereotype

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2017
Immature little baby. You're obviously insecure about the national status of your team and for some dumbass reason,you feel the need to justify worthless garbage to us, get over it. UNLV SHOULD win more than 11 games. With all that you're program has gained in the past months, I'd think that UNLV SHOULD make it past the first week of the tournament on top of actually making it this year. I guess my point is expectations mean nothing. Results are the only thing that matter.

UNLV 2016: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2439

UNLV 2015: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2439/year/2016

UNLV 2014: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2439/year/2015

ISU 2016: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/66

ISU 2015: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/66/year/2016

ISU 2014: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/66/year/2015

There's that to make sure that you don't get all delusional on us.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, you really need to examine your life.

Cyclone Rebel

Apr 28, 2017
Immature little baby. You're obviously insecure about the national status of your team and for some dumbass reason,you feel the need to justify worthless garbage to us, get over it. UNLV SHOULD win more than 11 games. With all that you're program has gained in the past months, I'd think that UNLV SHOULD make it past the first week of the tournament on top of actually making it this year. I guess my point is expectations mean nothing. Results are the only thing that matter.

UNLV 2016: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2439

UNLV 2015: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2439/year/2016

UNLV 2014: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2439/year/2015

ISU 2016: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/66

ISU 2015: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/66/year/2016

ISU 2014: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/66/year/2015

There's that to make sure that you don't get all delusional on us.

Dave Rice era, the guy could recruit but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He's gone now. I don't think the Rebs will have the same issues going forward, maybe our teams can meet up one day soon. That would be fun.

Cyclone Rebel

Apr 28, 2017
You have 3 NCAA Tournament wins since 1991. THREE.

Hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story. :cool: But anyway, the Rebs beat the Cyclones the last time they played, even with Dave Rice as coach.

Anyway, I was just cruising through here, but I saw that Phyllis felt really bad, so I just wanted to make her feel better about your recruiting. I hope I helped.

• Dislike
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story. :cool: But anyway, the Rebs beat the Cyclones the last time they played, even with Dave Rice as coach.

Anyway, I was just cruising through here, but I saw that Phyllis felt really bad, so I just wanted to make her feel better about your recruiting. I hope I helped.

Are you a Hawkeye fan by chance too?

Cyclone Rebel

Apr 28, 2017
I do have a serious question for you guys, though, before I leave. Kruger spent several years building the Rebs program back up (some of those tournament wins) and for the first two years Rice was here he had some regular season success with Kruger's players, such as beating #1 North Carolina.. Then it was all Rice, and you can see how that worked out. Do you have any concerns of that happening with the transition from Hoiberg to Prohm? Or do you think Prohm will do well in the end?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I do have a serious question for you guys, though, before I leave. Kruger spent several years building the Rebs program back up (some of those tournament wins) and for the first two years Rice was here he had some regular season success with Kruger's players, such as beating #1 North Carolina.. Then it was all Rice, and you can see how that worked out. Do you have any concerns of that happening with the transition from Hoiberg to Prohm? Or do you think Prohm will do well in the end?

Dave Rice never won an NCAA Tournament game at UNLV. Prohm's first two years he won 3 games. Not seeing the correlation honestly

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Prohm runs a slightly different style of program than Hoiberg did. Prohm is more focused (probably substantially so) on defense. He's done a good job of getting players here that fit what he wants to do. Can't say for certainty that he'll be successful, but he's proven that he can coach at this level and that he belongs.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

No concerns at all with me.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yes, if the program tanks over the next 5-6 years I will be concerned.

• Winner
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

giphy.gif

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
The past two years Prohm has had us playing our best going into March, which is good to see. i think he's done a good job getting players; our first 5 star out of high school since Craig Brackins will suit up for us this year, Lindell Wigginton. Also Terrence Lewis was another good addition. I think the program is in good hands with Prohm.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron