***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe VIla is who Prohm was hinting at with his cryptic quote to Halsted. It would at least make sense how he would know of people hitting the market without it being public, because of Kennedy.

Haven't seen any game footage of him, but 6'11 and if he truly has ball skills and a jump shot, that is hard to teach. You can teach/build strength. That being said I dont know if I'd go after him.

Hard pass

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Maybe VIla is who Prohm was hinting at with his cryptic quote to Halsted. It would at least make sense how he would know of people hitting the market without it being public, because of Kennedy.

Haven't seen any game footage of him, but 6'11 and if he truly has ball skills and a jump shot, that is hard to teach. You can teach/build strength. That being said I dont know if I'd go after him.

Prohm was hinting at a grad transfer wing scorer and he is waiting to see if he will meet the graduation requirements to be eligible as a grad transfer. I sure hope he does because he's about as good as we could do this late in the spring tranfer period

• Informative
Reactions: Doc

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
There's been multiple rumblings that Jacobson is a sort of silent commit. someone on 247 said they were told an announcement should be made by the end of the week

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
There's been multiple rumblings that Jacobson is a sort of silent commit. someone on 247 said they were told an announcement should be made by the end of the week

Would be a nice pickup. Depending on how good Lard is and how Solo develops, we could have some nice size and talent the year after next.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Hopefully we're looking at James Daniel from Howard or Marcus Jackson from Rice. Both guards that scored fairly well and hit some 3's.

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Hopefully we're looking at James Daniel from Howard or Marcus Jackson from Rice. Both guards that scored fairly well and hit some 3's.
If we're going after any more grad transfers I'm with you that going after Daniels would be smart. Adding another immediately eligible big would just throw another wrinkle to the cluster of relatively-unknowns

Last edited:

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

6-10 250 lbs

5.3 ppg 4.4 rpg 0.8 bpg in 17 minutes per game. Shot 38% from 3

Sit 1 play 3

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Still would love to get Thorpe, but I don't think that's happening. I'd still take Rooks if ISU can rise to the top of his 9-school list, or whatever it is, but not sure we even need more frontcourt guys for the coming season (hard to believe that's the case).

Having 3 positions available, we might be looking at 2 or even all 3 being sit-and-play instead of grad transfers (I don't know anything about what might be available w/ juco or mid-year players).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron