CAMPBELL: Complete uniform/image overhaul coming

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Things that make you go hmmmm on Twitter. According to CF's very own Jared Stansbury in two tweets:

"Campbell said he thinks the program's uniforms will change in totality shortly. Not sure if it will be complete this year, but coming." (Tweet)

" 'I can tell you I think our image will change entirely here shortly.' - Campbell" (Tweet)​

Alex Halsted also said in three linked tweets:

"Matt Campbell says in time Iowa State will change their uniform identity. Whether that's this year he isn't sure due to Nike contracts." (Tweet)

"Even if not in total this fall, Campbell said there could be some other changes." (Tweet)

"My guess is mostly a uniform overhaul. Not sure they'll be changing the logo or anything." (Tweet)
Key things noticed in the past year:

True gold color being used in Twitter hype videos.

Increased usage of stencil/outline I-STATE logo versus the beveled version.

Retro 1980s Cyclone logo (from Johnny Orr's era!) used as helmet sticker.
Looking forward to seeing some new ideas and hopefully a Jack Trice tribute or two ...

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
sean-bean-game-of-thrones-brace-yourself-uniform-combinations-are-coming.jpg

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Gimmicky nonsense, non-school colors, few or tenuous references to our uniform history, mono-chromatic "ketchup bottle" looks, overly-busy uniform designs, and "Tequila sunrise" stuff we will look back on in twenty years and think "what were we thinking" when clean and classic designs reassert themselves like they did in baseball and basketball.

Bracing myself.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Gimmicky nonsense, non-school colors, few or tenuous references to our uniform history, mono-chromatic "ketchup bottle" looks, overly-busy uniform designs, and "Tequila sunrise" stuff we will look back on in twenty years and think "what were we thinking" when clean and classic designs reassert themselves like they did in baseball and basketball.

Bracing myself.
I agree.
About the time we get the new look that is in now, everyone else will be back to the traditional classic uniforms.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Bracing myself.

Get over it. We have no tradition and we have no identity in the national scope. When you don't have tradition to sell, you sell change.