Jamie and Coaching Searches

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Has anyone else actually watched this video and want to comment on its content?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Foolish comment. We literally had spots open galore for this years team and he's only added 3 guys last I heard. Nobody is disputing Lewis and Winnington will be good players, but why hasn't he added more guys? The jury is still out. I'm not fooled, you are sir.

You're no fan, and you clearly don't follow ISU basketball. If you did, you'd know that his last name is Wigginton.

Last edited:

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
You're no fan, and you clearly don't follow ISU basketball. If you did, you'd know that his last name is Wiggington.

If you follow this board, it's Wiggington.

If you follow anything else with credibility, it's Wigginton.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Has anyone else actually watched this video and want to comment on its content?
It was basically just a interview on how Pollard does a search and how the search firm works during the process. Pollard stated that he gets everyone (the president, board of regents,etc) on board before they actually start the search. The firm helps by filtering the guys that are just looking for a pay raise, coaches that are an actually possibility to coach at ISU and along with suggesting pay compensations at the time of the search.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It was basically just a interview on how Pollard does a search and how the search firm works during the process. Pollard stated that he gets everyone (the president, board of regents,etc) on board before they actually start the search. The firm helps by filtering the guys that are just looking for a pay raise, coaches that are an actually possibility to coach at ISU and along with suggesting pay compensations at the time of the search.

I didn't know that Parker had already lined up 6 interviews for Pollard for the Sunday after he was meeting with Campbell. His recruitment of Campbell was certainly impressive. And it was having the president on-board regarding Campbell that made it possible for him to shake hands and cancel the other 6 interviews.

Reactions: Scott34

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I met Jamie in the summer of 2009 at a donor appreciation event. He seems like a decent guy however it feels like he cashes checks too big with his mouth. His downfall was once he thought he knew a lot about basketball. I can say he's done decent with the football hires. Chizik had a lot of responsibility for the success around 2011. I think Rhoads had most of us fooled. Campbell seems like the right fit. But we should be a better basketball program with the talent we have. With better coaching, this would be a perennial Elite 8 team. Nobody is sure if Prohm can recruit to Hoiberg's level.

omg

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I met Jamie in the summer of 2009 at a donor appreciation event. He seems like a decent guy however it feels like he cashes checks too big with his mouth. His downfall was once he thought he knew a lot about basketball. I can say he's done decent with the football hires. Chizik had a lot of responsibility for the success around 2011. I think Rhoads had most of us fooled. Campbell seems like the right fit. But we should be a better basketball program with the talent we have. With better coaching, this would be a perennial Elite 8 team. Nobody is sure if Prohm can recruit to Hoiberg's level.

monkey-chimpanzee-fall.gif

Reactions: CyTwins