Lindell Wigginton

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He wont be one and done so everyone can sleep well

Last edited:

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
If he was a 6'4" PG I could see one and done. But he's a 6'1" combo guard. You have to be amazing to go after one year at that size, especially not being a true PG imo.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If he was a 6'4" PG I could see one and done. But he's a 6'1" combo guard. You have to be amazing to go after one year at that size, especially not being a true PG imo.

Maybe that's why he plans on staying more than a year, to work on his PG skills under a great PG coach. Weird

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Royce White didn't show up on draft boards until March of the one year he played. Show me a mock draft a year out that's 100% accurate and I'll trust your precious boards of the future.

He wasn't a 5 Star a week ago, but he is now? Weird how things change huh. A lot of people thought he should be a 5 star, before Rivals made the change on their board.
Royce was rs sophomore with a tenuous past, but he was on boards prior to his freshman year.

You're consistently very optimistic on guys (also frequently wrong) so I'll stop. I mean, Steele Jantz is probably going to finally get drafted, right?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Royce was rs sophomore with a tenuous past, but he was on boards prior to his freshman year.

You're consistently very optimistic on guys (also frequently wrong) so I'll stop. I mean, Steele Jantz is probably going to finally get drafted, right?

Didn't you just say there's a lot of guys who have the talent that don't pan out? Weird. Jantz had the talent and anyone with half a brain could see it. If he focused more on football than parties he might have lived up to it. I'm pretty sure you're one of the same people who gave me **** when I said Irving would be in the NFL too, but I'm sure you don't want to talk about that.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If he has a Tyus Jones type of March run, he could be a one and done. Everyone wins in that scenario. But I agree, he'll probably be here for at least two years.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If he has a Tyus Jones type of March run, he could be a one and done. Everyone wins in that scenario. But I agree, he'll probably be here for at least two years.

This guy gets it. I wouldn't be shocked if he's here three years, which is less likely. I would be shocked if he's here four years though.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If Wigginton is good enough to leave Iowa State early to go to the NBA then I would be pleased. It would mean that he is good enough to at least be a mid-first round NBA Draft Pick. Our last first rounder was Royce White.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
He is 6'2
WOAH! Good catch twins! Silly me for selling him WAY short.

Still, at that size he'll have to show he can run the point at a high level to be one and done. He sure as hell isn't going first round as a SG at 6'2".

But I do hope we have a ***Official LW NBA Draft Declaration Thread*** at this time next because like others have said, he would've had a great year if we are having that conversation.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If Wigginton is good enough to leave Iowa State early to go to the NBA then I would be pleased. It would mean that he is good enough to at least be a mid-first round NBA Draft Pick. Our last first rounder was Royce White.

Well it's kind of a gray area. I don't think he would be a first rounder next year, but there are 60+ UNDERCLASSMEN a year told they have a first round grade and leave early... when there's only 60 picks in the draft and also seniors(not as many) and foreigners getting drafted.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
WOAH! Good catch twins! Silly me for selling him WAY short.

Still, at that size he'll have to show he can run the point at a high level to be one and done. He sure as hell isn't going first round as a SG at 6'2".

But I do hope we have a ***Official LW NBA Draft Declaration Thread*** at this time next because like others have said, he would've had a great year if we are having that conversation.

He's not a SG he's a PG

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Well then no high school kid is a PG until they prove it at the college level
There's truth to that, and particularly with guys that are needing to change positions as they move up a level.

I think he'll be a better pg at this level than a sg, as finishing/shooting may not be a strength as much as creating for others.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Well then no high school kid is a PG until they prove it at the college level
You're smarter than this twins. He didn't even have full time point guard duties in high school. He's got a ways to go before anyone is going to even think about drafting him next year. I would love for that to change over the coarse of next season.

Last edited: