Farrar

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
so we have 5 staff members now with Barney Farrar being named Director of Football Operations, seems like he has some pretty good experience coming from the athletic office at Ole Miss, prior to that he was an assistant coach at Rice and Clemson. In other news Jay Rodgers will be coaching receivers and not quarterbacks!

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
So what does this bring our total to?
We have:
Chizik
Bolt
Farrar
Pelton
The OC, I forgot his name already.
Anyone else?

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
so we have 5 staff members now with Barney Farrar being named Director of Football Operations, seems like he has some pretty good experience coming from the athletic office at Ole Miss, prior to that he was an assistant coach at Rice and Clemson. In other news Jay Rodgers will be coaching receivers and not quarterbacks!

Rodger's coaching receivers? I wonder who Chizik will bring in for QB then.

I am noticing a very southern tilt to the coaching staff, a huge difference from the last regime.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
so yet another coach from Chizik's Clemson days, so it looks like we have guys from Florida(Chizik), Georgia(Bolt), Alabama(Pelton), Mississippi(Farrar), Louisiana(McFarland) and Texas(Rodgers) I would say we have the deep south covered now!!!!!

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
so yet another coach from Chizik's Clemson days, so it looks like we have guys from Florida(Chizik), Georgia(Bolt), Alabama(Pelton), Mississippi(Farrar), Louisiana(McFarland) and Texas(Rodgers) I would say we have the deep south covered now!!!!!

Now lets go join the SEC and get our a** handed to us.

Silver Bullet

Nov 28, 2006
Is Major Applewhite still an option for QB coach? I think he would be great for recruiting QBs out of Texas!

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
we have to cover all the other southern states before we can get to Ohio come on, we still have Tennesse, South Carolina, Arkansas, North Carolina, at least those four have to be covered before moving a little North, get someone in every state, that way we have more recruiting ties, even though I would prefer like 5 more Texas and Florida guys!!

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Looking at ISU website. Rogers is listed as receivers coach.

Last edited:

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
McGettigan is still listed, he isn't under football and never has been but is still under strength and conditioning and under the coaching staff link on the football page! Look at the new sexy pictures of coaches Bolt and McFarland on that page too, man Bolt did lose a hell of a lot of weight man, at least we won't be the fattest coaching staff now, that will be a nice title to avoid

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
McGettigan is still listed, he isn't under football and never has been but is still under strength and conditioning and under the coaching staff link on the football page! Look at the new sexy pictures of coaches Bolt and McFarland on that page too, man Bolt did lose a hell of a lot of weight man, at least we won't be the fattest coaching staff now, that will be a nice title to avoid

Not the fattest but maybe the phattest!!!

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Supposedly the weight issue is why he left UAB and why he didn't coach last year, right? It's good to see he got healthy, it should be a plus for us. Chizik sounds like a fitness nut, hopefully it rubs off on his coordinators too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron