Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok the pie sidetracked my thought process.

My 16 yo, low common sensed (takes after his mom) son comes up for breakfast this morning. He stars to walk over to me while he says that there was something chewing on the downstairs window screen. He show me a video of this fat ground hog stuck in the egressed window well and trying to get through the window via chewing up the screen. I watched it while thinking, you hadn't time to record this but not time to come up stairs and wake me up to "take care of" the situation? My luck is the stupid thing breaks the window and then I'm trying to fight pukatawney Phil in my basement.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

My 16 yo, low common sensed (takes after his mom) son comes up for breakfast this morning. He stars to walk over to me while he says that there was something chewing on the downstairs window screen. He show me a video of this fat ground hog stuck in the egressed window well and trying to get through the window via chewing up the screen. I watched it while thinking, you hadn't time to record this but not time to come up stairs and wake me up to "take care of" the situation? My luck is the stupid thing breaks the window and then I'm trying to fight pukatawney Phil in my basement.

We have a hole in a screen on a downstairs window due to voles. One night I was trying to sleep downstairs--a vole had climbed in between the window and screen through the hole. He would climb up the screen, hit the top, and fall back down. Over and over and over and over. Rabbits will fall in the window well of our oldest's room and scare the bejezus out of her at 2am.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Made the mistake of giving an opinion in the basketball thread, men's. Some of those guys are panicking.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Comical dinner tonight. Fries had a strong freezer burn flavor. The Parmesan Chicken sandwiches we got from Sam's were the opposite of good. The $1.50 per sandwich had me sold in store. It's a trap!

I plowed into the meal before wife, and when I realized all was bad I began to imagine the priceless reactions she would have. Then I started to giggle. Fries produced a stink face, and the 1st bite of sandwich was immediately ejected into her napkin. She claimed something inside the meat "popped".

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

This was our Sunday morning. He's licking the road salt off the trailer hitch. :)
17353361_10213134639979925_3628104691826433143_n.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Well at least he didn't shoot it thru the window.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I took in Beauty and the Beast with a friend this weekend. I walked in thinking "this is a movie that did not need to be remade," and walked out thinking it was the best damn movie I'd seen in years.

It helps that (except for Mulan) Belle is by far the Disney princess that I most identified with growing up. Bookish and rather odd... yep that's been me my whole life!

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So husband & I are watching UCF-Illinois St. UCF has a 7'6" player named Tacko Fall. (Pronounced just like "taco")

*Fall gets called for a travel*
Husband: Well, Tacko didn't fall, but he did walk...
Me: So would you call him...A WALKING TACKO? (And yes, I basically delivered it in all caps)

Husband said I oversold it, which he's right. I was just really proud of getting to it before him.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
So husband & I are watching UCF-Illinois St. UCF has a 7'6" player named Tacko Fall. (Pronounced just like "taco")

*Fall gets called for a travel*
Husband: Well, Tacko didn't fall, but he did walk...
Me: So would you call him...A WALKING TACKO? (And yes, I basically delivered it in all caps)

Husband said I oversold it, which he's right. I was just really proud of getting to it before him.

That is one huge walking Tacko. The guy is like 7'6".

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I took in Beauty and the Beast with a friend this weekend. I walked in thinking "this is a movie that did not need to be remade," and walked out thinking it was the best damn movie I'd seen in years.

That's good, the wife really wants to see it.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

It helps that (except for Mulan) Belle is by far the Disney princess that I most identified with growing up. Bookish and rather odd... yep that's been me my whole life!

My girls really want to see it (well, most of them anyway). We had recently checked out the animated movie from the library and my 2 little ones LOVED it. They did not enjoy me singing along with every song. The movie came out while I was in HS and we did a bunch of the song for a chorus concert one year. Our middle school did Beauty and the Beast for their musical this year and I took the youngest three to see it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Why don't you like my buddy, BC? They live in a culvert under the parking pad that is on the far side of the truck, about 10 yards away. They usually have a couple of pups a year...they're adorable to watch playing tag in the grass out front. They eat all the clover in the yard. They've been very good neighbors. :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Why don't you like my buddy, BC? They live in a culvert under the parking pad that is on the far side of the truck, about 10 yards away. They usually have a couple of pups a year...they're adorable to watch playing tag in the grass out front. They eat all the clover in the yard. They've been very good neighbors. :)
And tunnel under things, chew on things. I actually had one get into a tractor one winter, forgot the door open for a short time. Chewed up nearly every wire on it. Even chewed up a diesel line and dropped probably a hundred gallons of fuel (dirt floor so I didn't notice a puddle since it kept slowly leaked and soaked in).

I erased what my thoughts were that you should have done to be nice.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

oooooooooooo now I have to go! Was thinking seeing it remade might ruin it for me. Loved Belle so much. But no one would call me bookish or odd :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Growing up my mom always called scalloped potatoes or scalloped corn, scalped potatoes or corn. I didn't know it was wrong until about age 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron