Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
So long Samsung Galaxy S4. It’s been a good/mediocre four years.

200.webp

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Yep! No racks, no weights... no crossfit!

I have a couple of friends on FB who love it. I would like to try it, but my workout budget is pretty minimal.

For those not local, Lyndsey Fennelly and Kelsey (Bolte) Carper just opened Campus Cycle, a spin/cross training place. A couple of my friends are instructors there.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Good luck to you guys! I will admit I had to go through a bit of a grieving process when her decision changed. ;) But considering the only school she wants to go to is Iowa State it was a very big dream.
The pitcher she caught for the last 2 years was hoping to pitch somewhere (probably small school) and later in life wanted to coach. She has hip issues and will have surgery after school is done. A full year out of competitive sports. :(

It's good if she is handling it well. Means she's understanding some basic life decisions sooner than many kids. My son is starting to understand that. Stopped growing in 8th grade so, D1/D1AA was killed to genetics. Looking D2, and I'm having to push the HS coach to not play him where he's been pigeonholed for 5 years. Coach is 70+ and has been a negative to anybody wanting more than D3. So my kid has a lot of decisions to make in less than two years.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have a couple of friends on FB who love it. I would like to try it, but my workout budget is pretty minimal.

For those not local, Lyndsey Fennelly and Kelsey (Bolte) Carper just opened Campus Cycle, a spin/cross training place. A couple of my friends are instructors there.

Are these things popping up quite a bit. My son has worked out at Premier athlete and we have a friend's kid who goes to one in Ankeny besides all the places just mentioned and the Ys and other long-time establishments.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
A couple of Orange Theory locations have opened up near us. When I first noticed them, by just glancing quickly at the sign, I thought they were new smoothie or yogurt places.

Reactions: harimad

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Did anybody see the thread about Jadda Buckley forgoing her last year of basketball and have their first thought be, "Well, ISU Women's BB just got a little less sexy"? I'm just wondering because I wasn't thinking it either.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Did anybody see the thread about Jadda Buckley forgoing her last year of basketball and have their first thought be, "Well, ISU Women's BB just got a little less sexy"? I'm just wondering because I wasn't thinking it either.

Hubby always has a thing for the cute blondes on the WBB team.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I drank my first "yard-work beer" of the season yesterday afternoon. It followed 4 hours of cleaning up the stack of firewood and moving landscaping rock.

My back muscles dislike being woken up from their winter slumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.