Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I could really go for a slice of chocolate pie right about now.

At a church fundraiser I asked for cherry pie, I love cherry pie. I end up with a cream cheese pie (not cheesecake) with strawberries on top. I was ticked (lactose intolerant) and it was a take home thing. My son traded me his "chocolate" pie, which turned out to be Butterfinger pie. The pie labelers were definitely confused.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I drank my first "yard-work beer" of the season yesterday afternoon. It followed 4 hours of cleaning up the stack of firewood and moving landscaping rock.

My back muscles dislike being woken up from their winter slumber.

Guy we were doing work for today was drinking a beer, but he poured it into a Mountain Dew can so his wife wouldn't see him drinking a beer.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I drank my first "yard-work beer" of the season yesterday afternoon. It followed 4 hours of cleaning up the stack of firewood and moving landscaping rock.

After removing the playset last year and sodding over that area, I know that I'll have to put down a bunch of landscape rock where that area meets the rear tree line this year. My plan is to start drinking before I do it and just stay comfortably inebriated for the following week. That should help alleviate the worst of the pain.

• Funny
Reactions: harimad and NWICY

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Guy we were doing work for today was drinking a beer, but he poured it into a Mountain Dew can so his wife wouldn't see him drinking a beer.

That sounds like a lot of work. I'm pretty sure I could drink the beer faster than it would take for the foam to go down during the transfer.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Aren't you in Wisconsin? Shouldn't this read, "Guy we were doing work for today was drinking a Mountain Dew, but he poured it into a beer can so his wife wouldn't see him drinking a pop."

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
At a church fundraiser I asked for cherry pie, I love cherry pie. I end up with a cream cheese pie (not cheesecake) with strawberries on top. I was ticked (lactose intolerant) and it was a take home thing. My son traded me his "chocolate" pie, which turned out to be Butterfinger pie. The pie labelers were definitely confused.
Was this a Catholic church and was it St. Patrick's Day?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
After removing the playset last year and sodding over that area, I know that I'll have to put down a bunch of landscape rock where that area meets the rear tree line this year. My plan is to start drinking before I do it and just stay comfortably inebriated for the following week. That should help alleviate the worst of the pain.

Better plan, hire it done (leave work an hour early, to beat wife home) but tell the wife you're doing it, and then just drink beer for the week.

• Winner

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Better plan, hire it done (leave work an hour early, to beat wife home) but tell the wife you're doing it, and then just drink beer for the week.
You_are_a_genius.gif

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Did anybody see the thread about Jadda Buckley forgoing her last year of basketball and have their first thought be, "Well, ISU Women's BB just got a little less sexy"? I'm just wondering because I wasn't thinking it either.
I can honestly say that never crossed my mind. :D

• Funny

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So we have Sling for "cable" but have missed the DVR capability and overall reliability. Just for the heck of it I looked up with DirecTV is these days (could actually get it with the tree gone) and was surprised to see you get four rooms of equipment free and no DVR service fee. Still not worth the $100+/month to me but at least they are adjusting and being a little more competitive.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Did anybody see the thread about Jadda Buckley forgoing her last year of basketball and have their first thought be, "Well, ISU Women's BB just got a little less sexy"? I'm just wondering because I wasn't thinking it either.

Hubby always has a thing for the cute blondes on the WBB team.

I once made the observation with friends that Fennelly generally has an attractive team. I had several crushes on players during my time in the pep band.
He'll recruit a solid replacement.

Now if you posted something about that in the Womens Bball forum, they would crucify you for it.

• Agree

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Has anyone read the "Tale of Woe Lost Password" thread? I'm fairly convinced that the poster is being genuine so I'm forcing myself not to reply. I can't think of one serious, non-snarky thing to say.

Who goes to Ecuador for dental work? Is that a thing?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

need to begin on that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.