TCU Game Predictions

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I think Solomon with a little Holden will help us enough inside to get the job done. The rest of the guys will play within themselves, with one of them scoring 20+ (no idea which one).

Good guys stay on track in Hilton, 84-76.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I was at a wedding for the game at TCU, so I can only really guess based on the way I think that game went from reading about it, and from watching each team individually. I was most nervous going into that game about their big versatile guy (name is escaping me right now), and he seems to have been our toughest match up.

Overall, I think we can beat them if we keep reasonably close on the boards, and if we somehow can make that a wash, I think we'll win somewhat comfortably, especially if we can put pressure on their guards and turn them over. I don't think we'll be quite as sharp as we've been, but I think we'll do enough. Cyclones 82-71.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think we are a better team than when we lost to them the first time. Also, with Solomons emergence I think we win.

TCU 76
Iowa State 82

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Brodziansky averages a little over 5 boards a game, but had 14 against ISU in Texas. With Young now part of the mix, and Holden re-energized, I have to hope he is closer to 5 boards than 14.

Cyclones win - the trend is definitely upward.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I would really like this team to flex their muscles on them. TCU pushed as around and had their way with us last game. Want the team to send a message that we won't be abused like that again.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
In the first game, Holden didn't play, and Young played 3 minutes (and played extremely poor). We had to rely on Bowie to stop Brodziansky's 25 and 14. Not a stretch to say as long as Young and Holden can hold their own inside, we will win this game at home. I expect this to be similar to the Texas home game...close for most of the first half, and we take a 10 point lead by half and never really look back. Look for a big game from Morris.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
If Iowa State keeps Brodziansky from a double-double, ISU will win.
This. Keep Brodziansky in check and you force TCU to put up shots from the outside...which they are average. Actually, just keeping him to his average will result in a 10 point ISU win. We are better than the last game against them and they are slowly getting ground down by the schedule.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I think this team is ready with some swagger.

ISU 88
TCU 72

Young doesn't have a great stat line but neither does Brodziansky.
Monte Morris does

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
ISU - 79
TCU - 70

Our guards are much better so if we can keep Brodziansky to his averages, we win.

I think this game is uncomfortably close going into the half. I'll be surprised if Dixon doesn't try to pound the ball inside and get Young and Holden into early foul trouble. I'm hoping we keep the pace quick and wear Brodziansky down.

Our bigs really need to keep him from getting set up in the low post early in the possession. Having to double him up opens up the kick out to the open three, and TCU has proven they can hit them.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This'll be quite a bit different than the first go-around, I think. TCU is still a good team with good coaching, but we're not exactly the same team we were when we went down there just over a month ago. The emergence of Young on Wednesday was huge. Even if he doesn't go out a get a double-double tomorrow, he'll absolutely be a factor against Brodziansky. He alone beat us last time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
TCU's a really tricky match up so it will be interesting.

Need Monte to 'man' up and have an average game after getting punked by their PG last time. Burton too.

I'm hoping the meltdown is minimal if Young struggles a bit, which I think is realistic and likely. I'm also hoping Prohm lets him play it out as long as he's not in foul trouble.

I can't watch due to the channel but only something bad can happen so no biggie on that end.

Hoping ISU can pull it off and get some actual breathing room.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This'll be quite a bit different than the first go-around, I think. TCU is still a good team with good coaching, but we're not exactly the same team we were when we went down there just over a month ago. The emergence of Young on Wednesday was huge. Even if he doesn't go out a get a double-double tomorrow, he'll absolutely be a factor against Brodziansky. He alone beat us last time.

Him and Williams. TCU also had quite a few points off the bench that game IIRC. I think if we do a good job on Brodzianskky in that game, we still lose a close game.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Over shadowed by their rebounding advantage in Fort Worth was that Fisher absolutely schooled Monte, they are good but they needed both of these to happen to beat us at home, I don't see both happening again at Hilton.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Him and Williams. TCU also had quite a few points off the bench that game IIRC. I think if we do a good job on Brodzianskky in that game, we still lose a close game.

I don't know. Brodziansky made so many clutch plays down the stretch that kept us at an arms length. That's not to take away what Williams did, but every time TCU needed points or a rebound in the last 5ish minutes of the game, it was Brodziansky.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron