New Hand Sign?

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I always hear about people wanting something to do something like the "hook em horns" hand gesture, so maybe we should come up with something.

I'm fairly uncreative, but I was thinking just something simple like the sign language "c" in one hand and "y" in the other. C is pretty simple, just the shape of the c with your hand. The Y is just the "hang loose" sign.

Just a thought.

galles15

Jun 12, 2006
Ames, orginally from Remsen, IA
other things like that, is that Notre Dame at the end of the 3rd quarter of every football game plays the 1812 Overture, you all have heard of it and its on V for Vendetta, and they wave a W with hands up and down yelling Wies. Pretty sweet when you got 80,000 ppl doing that or even 40,000 at Trice for Chizik. Could do a C

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Hold both hands up, make a triangle with your index fingers and thumbs.

Make an 'A' for Ace!

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
Hold both hands up, make a triangle with your index fingers and thumbs.

Make an 'A' for Ace!

That reminds me to much of Diamond Dallas Page and his "diamond cutter" and BANG he would always yell.

Yet, it's an idea, at least you're throwing them out there.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I'm sorry but all those are terrible ideas. We don't need a hand signal. It just wreaks of wannabe.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I'm sorry but all those are terrible ideas. We don't need a hand signal. It just wreaks of wannabe.

I guess, one thing ISU lacks in the sporting arena is tradition. If we all just sit and don't try to start something, then 60 years down the road, NOTHING will be started. It may seem kind of lame and dumb to start with, but if we came up with something, maybe it would stick.

spinback32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Does anyone else hate it when players hold up the 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd quarter?

DareDevil

Nov 27, 2006
Muscatine
I think we should at least try and do something to get the fans going, last year we tried the "Jump around" after the 3rd but that didn't really work. I kinda of like the "c" "Y" idea.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
i think we should just continue our policy of playing intimidating and adrenaline-pumping songs like "sweet caroline" during timeouts before big plays late in the game. i think we have that market cornered right now, and with any luck it will become a lasting tradition.

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
i think we should just continue our policy of playing intimidating and adrenaline-pumping songs like "sweet caroline" during timeouts before big plays late in the game. i think we have that market cornered right now, and with any luck it will become a lasting tradition.

You're right, that really helped us get focused in those all-important Big XII home games!

bferin

Jul 14, 2006
I completely agree with the need for a tradition. I love games at JT and even more at Hilton, and I'd love to be a part of some tradition that I can look back on. We tried the "Jump Around" after the 3rd quarter last year at Jack Trice (copying Wisconsin) but stopped that. Other than that we don't really have anything. But it is for sure when I think about great football traditions I think of the Longhorns, the Seminoles with the arm hatchet looking thing, and others. Even Kansas had the crazy arm flailing that the Kansas-faithful displayed at JT this year. I have to admit that was pretty interesting to watch.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I really liked the "jump around" song at the end of the 3rd quarter last year.. This year at the first game I was all ready to jump, then I get sweet caroline. I HATED that this year.

We definitely need to get something more intense then some oldies song.

lbh

Oct 25, 2006
Isnt the obvious answer the #1 finger swirling like a cyclone! imagine it 50000 little cyclones swirling @ JT.