NBA: ***Official 2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
It's that time of year again, opening night is tomorrow.

Should be a good one in Golden State hosting San Antonio. It'll be interesting to see how the Warriors take shape coming in after the off-season moves. It'll also be weird seeing a Spurs team without Duncan on the floor.

Also on:
Knicks @ Cavaliers
Jazz @ Trail Blazers

Hope my Thunder rebound from the moves and can continue the positive momentum under Donovan.

Also, this happened last week:

I've heard he's going to try to make it back this season but I'm not sure if those were just rumors or if they had some truth to them. Really rooting for him.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Circle the date - Thursday, Nov 3rd. OKC @ Golden State. Westbrook vs. Durant, Round One.

What Westbrook does this year without Durnat is going to be really interesting to see. I don't think there's much middle ground; he's either going to develop into a legit MVP candidate for a championship contender or post the highest usage rate in league history on a forty win team.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Circle the date - Thursday, Nov 3rd. OKC @ Golden State. Westbrook vs. Durant, Round One.

What Westbrook does this year without Durnat is going to be really interesting to see. I don't think there's much middle ground; he's either going to develop into a legit MVP candidate for a championship contender or post the highest usage rate in league history on a forty win team.
Sadly, probably the latter.

Speaking of the Warriors though, their wins over under is set at 66.5 this year.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

He's going to have some monster games, like 45/12/10 type stuff against Golden St. I feel like that's guaranteed to happen.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Sadly, probably the latter.

Speaking of the Warriors though, their wins over under is set at 66.5 this year.

I'd take the under. Don't get me wrong; I think they're overwhelming favorites to win it all. I just think there are going to be more growing pains than they expect. And I think they're going to have some issues with interior defense and rim protection.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I am just here to remind everybody....

Usain-Bolt-Holding-Up-Sign-Warriors-Blew-3-1-Lead.jpg

Reactions: Dandy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He's going to have some monster games, like 45/12/10 type stuff against Golden St. I feel like that's guaranteed to happen.

Oh, for sure. But if it takes him 40 shots to get there and he turns the ball over seven times to go with that 45/12/10 then they're going to be middle of the pack or worse. He's going to have be efficient and some of their other guys - namely Oladipo and Adams - are going to have to step up their game.

Hackgolfin72

Jan 30, 2015
Ankeny
The scene in Cleveland looks amazing. Defintely a pretty fun atmosphere I'm sure with all the action going on tonight in such a close area.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It only took about 5 hours of NBA basketball before I was reminded that Travis Hines is the worst follow on all of Twitter when the Warriors are on TV.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Weird watching Noah and Rose in a different jersey.
I'll actually get to see the Knicks play at the Nuggets in December. I'm not exactly sure that we'll be seeing a great game but my brother is convinced Denver is close to turning the corner and could sneak into the playoffs this year.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'll actually get to see the Knicks play at the Nuggets in December. I'm not exactly sure that we'll be seeing a great game but my brother is convinced Denver is close to turning the corner and could sneak into the playoffs this year.
Western Conf is a cluster. A handful of teams that will miss the playoffs could easily compete for a spot in the East.