***Official USMNT Thread***

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
hey that was fun! Pulisic was awesome, MIchael Bradley was actually good in a position that he is supposed to be playing at. The last quarter of that game was so much fun watching the absolute pace from our young guys. And, No Wondo.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I have zero faith that this will happen, but it's time to buy gold watches for Jermaine Jones and Kyle Beckerman, thank them for their service, and stop calling them in to the USMNT. Bradley is a d-mid, it's obviously where he's most comfortable, it's where he plays for his club, and it's where he has the most impact on the squad.

Then you start holding auditions for the attacking mid spot. Klejstan certainly deserves an extended look there. I also think you could Pulisic there down the road.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Jermaine Jones seems to be like Benjamin Button out there at some points so I have to disagree with you.

Also, It has been confirmed that the opening game of the hex against Mexico will be in Colombus.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
There's a good chance to watch the Americans in the Bundesliga this weekend. However, I have a feeling that some of the returning internationals may not make appearances. Tuchel has already said that Pulisic will most likely not be playing this weekend.

Saturday
8:30 am Bayer Leverkusen v Hamburg (Bobby Wood) FS1
Freiburg v Borussia Monchengladbach (Fabian Johnson) FS2
Ingolstadt (Alfredo Morales) v Hertha Berlin (John Brooks) FSP
9am Middlesbrough (Guzan) v Crystal Palace PLET
Stoke City (Cameron) v Spurs CNBC
11:30 am Leipzig v Borussia Dortmund (Pulisic) FS2

Sunday
8:30 am Werder Bremen (Aron Johannsson) v Augsburg FS1

Monday
2 pm Sunderland (Lynden Gooch) v Everton NBCS

I throw a list like this together mentally most weekends. If other people would be interested in this info I would be happy to post here. Edited to add Yanks in the PL.

Last edited:

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Bobby Wood with another goal for Hamburg today. They are up 1-0 on Leverkusen in the second half. Leverkusen's keeper completely whiffs on an attempt to play sweeper keeper outside the box and Wood scores maybe the easiest goal of his life.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Guess I'm a Dortmund fan now (unless he transfers to Liverpool). I've been looking for a team to follow for awhile now, so I'm pretty excited to see Pulisic starting so much recently.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Guess I'm a Dortmund fan now (unless he transfers to Liverpool). I've been looking for a team to follow for awhile now, so I'm pretty excited to see Pulisic starting so much recently.

He ain't going to Liverpool. Dortmund refuses to sell him. He's one of their top prospects.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Midweek Bundesliga action going on tomorrow (Tuesday). Wolfsburg v. Dortmund is on FS1 at 1 central and Freiburg v Hamburg (Bobby Wood) is on FS2 at the same time. I'd be surprised if Pulisic starts for Dortmund given he started both their Champions League and Bundesliga matches last week.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Some sad news to pass along regarding Clint Dempsey and the irregular heartbeat issue, he's not retiring as of yet but he's announced that he's sitting out for the rest of the year sadly

• Useful
Reactions: FDclone

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Some sad news to pass along regarding Clint Dempsey and the irregular heartbeat issue, he's not retiring as of yet but he's announced that he's sitting out for the rest of the year sadly

Well that sucks! Hope they can get this figured out for him.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Pulisic getting the start today for Dortmund against Chicharito and Leverkusen. The match is on FS2 here in a few minutes.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Can anyone explain to me why the USMNT is in Cuba with a hurricane bearing down on that country. Can't we move that friendly somewhere where people might not get killed?

Edit: I supposed because they aren't in danger If I look at a ******* map. My bad.

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone