Top College Breweries - Alluvial Brewing

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I have been to 4 of these and would concur they are worthy. Very solid beers with a good atmosphere. I have never been to Alluvial, but only heard good things.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Alluvial is an amazing gem - the good beer and the quiet location with prairie views from nice patio.

It seems like the distance keeps out the riff-raff...no loud music, no frat "bros", just the background noise of people talking around tables in the evening light.

So hopefully this recognition doesn't mess that up!
(photo clipped from a google review)
upload_2016-8-24_11-17-44.png

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Worthy praise. If they (maybe when?) start to package and distro, they'll get even more recognition. :)

All I know, is that we didn't have nearly the beer options when I was in school. I don't even know if Old Main was open my whole time, or I just hadn't heard of them.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Love everything Alluvial does.
They haven't had much lately since the glycol system was upgraded, but sounds like that is about wrapped up and they have some killer stuff on deck. Next month or two should be a really good time to visit.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Only have been to Alluvial one time and wasn't super impressed with what I tried but I feel like I need to give it another shot. I have a lot of friends that love their beer and and have heard a lot of positive things about the place. Really did enjoy the atmosphere and setting when I was there though. Felt more like a coffee shop than a bar which is a good thing.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Worthy praise. If they (maybe when?) start to package and distro, they'll get even more recognition. :)

All I know, is that we didn't have nearly the beer options when I was in school. I don't even know if Old Main was open my whole time, or I just hadn't heard of them.
Hell just 6 years ago during my super senior year I can remember getting Blue Moon at Cafe B and thinking it was exotic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron