2016 Rio Summer Olympics

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wtf are these people dancing around the floor doing?
Without even turning on the TV I'm going to guess you're watching Rhythmic Gymnastics. Not very common in the US, but very popular in Europe & the former Soviet bloc countries. I had a Hungarian refugee as a PE teacher in high school, and she LOVED using the ribbons & hoops in our classes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Without even turning on the TV I'm going to guess you're watching Rhythmic Gymnastics. Not very common in the US, but very popular in Europe & the former Soviet bloc countries. I had a Hungarian refugee as a PE teacher in high school, and she LOVED using the ribbons & hoops in our classes.
Yeah I changed it. Not really my cup of tea. I'm sure it's harder than it looks but I'd much rather watch regular gymnastics

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

In other words, the Soviet bloc countries that couldn't compete with Russia and Romania in "regular" gymnastics.

• Funny
Reactions: skibumspe

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
American marathoners performed well this morning. Rupp ran well, as did Ward. Meb had a rough day but did okay all things considered.

A bronze medal and one more in the top ten? You take that all day against the east Africans.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Idk anything about wrestling but the US guy just made what I think is a big comeback?

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Idk anything about wrestling but the US guy just made what I think is a big comeback?
Are you talking about Molinaro? Molinaro lost by one at the end, and it could have been scored a 2 pt. TD to win, but he only got the one, and he gave up a point by losing the challenge.

He also should have been down a lot more than he was, but he was amazing defensively in that match.

Unless you were watching the Kyle Snyder semifinal match, where he did come roaring in the second period. That was an impressive comeback.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
American marathoners performed well this morning. Rupp ran well, as did Ward. Meb had a rough day but did okay all things considered.

A bronze medal and one more in the top ten? You take that all day against the east Africans.

I was really hoping Meb would have a great last hurrah. His fall at the finish looked rough, but he played it off well with the pushups.

And Rupp finishing 3rd in the 2nd marathon he's ever run bodes well for the future.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone101

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Are you talking about Molinaro? Molinaro lost by one at the end, and it could have been scored a 2 pt. TD to win, but he only got the one, and he gave up a point by losing the challenge.

He also should have been down a lot more than he was, but he was amazing defensively in that match.

Unless you were watching the Kyle Snyder semifinal match, where he did come roaring in the second period. That was an impressive comeback.
I was watching Snyder. He was down 4-0

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Italy just completely unable to string points together in this match. Their service errors have killed them.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I was watching Snyder. He was down 4-0
Were they just televising it? That match occurred at about 9AM. He's going to be wrestling for Gold in probably about 20 minutes here.

EDIT: I was really excited and loud when I was watching that match though. His opponent got gassed bad after the 4 minute mark.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
In other words, the Soviet bloc countries that couldn't compete with Russia and Romania in "regular" gymnastics.

I think these "special" gymnastics could be cool at a Cirque de Soleil show. But I bet it takes a LOT of strength to throw those hula hoops so high in the air, then to chase them down when they roll off the mat.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron