Official 2015 Hoiberg NBA Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Everything I'm hearing points to no scenario that Fred will be back. Assuming this happens, it sure would be nice if we could begin hiring a new coach like....now. Doesn't seem fair to our program and present players and staff to be recruiting/preparing for a head coach they may not yet know. I realize its not Fred's doing, but it still sucks for us, nonetheless.

The replacement is already decided if you are correct most likely.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Really? There's a pretty big difference between attending your daughters graduation and coaching the grind of an 82 or 40 game basketball season.
Wow, I didn't say anything about coaching.
I was responding to a post saying that perhaps "Fred has not said anything because he was concentrating on getting well after heart surgery." Looked like he was getting around, and talking, just fine...

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I spent time away from the situation this weekend. I take all is the same?

Moving on to the 7th stage of Hoiberg watch and what exactly that stage entails was discussed. Other than that it has been pretty quiet.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My guess is Fred is hand picking the successor; things will be fine...

I think ink the only thing he is doing is holding Iowa state hostage so that the only person willing to take job is tj. I don't consider that option "fine".

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Fred Hoiberg Basketball Camps are open to any and all partipants. Fred Hoiberg Basketball Camp is not an Iowa State University Camp but is operated independently. NCAA prohibits an ISU booster (other than a parent/guardian or close family member) from paying a portion of a campers camp fees. Permission to use ISU Trademarks is granted under agreement by Iowa State University. is granted under agreement by Iowa State University.
disclaimer on website.....

Last edited:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
attachment.php

Attachments

• lzvmf.jpg
    lzvmf.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 824

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
http://www.hoibergbasketballcamps.com/fantasy-camp.cfm

So if I signed up for Hoiberg Fan Fantasy camp Which is just a few weeks away. Am I gonna get my $3500 back if this **** is still going on? His kid camps start early June. Really odd that folks say they are getting things saying Iowa State Basketball camp since the Website clearly says they are unaffiliated.

Here I FIFY:

Camp Includes

• 2 Night Stay at Hilton Garden Inn, Located Right Across From the Sukup Basketball Complex
  • Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Will Be Provided
  • Official Iowa State Nike Gear
  • Large Nike Duffle Bag
  • Nike Sling Bag
  • Home & Away Official Iowa State Basketball Uniform (Jersey + Shorts) - With Jersey Personalized With Your Name
  • 3 Sets of Iowa State Nike Practice Gear (Jersey + Shorts)
  • 5 Iowa State Nike Dri-Fits
  • 5 Pairs of Nike Socks
  • 5 Nike Headbands
  • 5 Nike Wristbands
  • 2 Nike Spandex
  • 3 Iowa State Nike Camp T-Shirts
  • 1 Iowa State Nike pullover
  • 1 Pair of Nike Shoes
  • Autograph Ball By Coach TJ Otz
  • Picture Opportunity With Entire Camp & Coach TJ Otz

:jimlad:

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Here I FIFY:

Camp Includes

• 2 Night Stay at Hilton Garden Inn, Located Right Across From the Sukup Basketball Complex
  • Large Nike Duffle Bag
  • Nike Sling Bag
  • Home & Away Official Iowa State Basketball Uniform (Jersey + Shorts) - With Jersey Personalized With Your Name
  • 5 Pairs of Nike Socks
  • 5 Nike Headbands
  • 5 Nike Wristbands
  • 2 Nike Spandex
  • 1 Pair of Nike Shoes

If I pay extra can I not get the autograph or picture with Coach TJ Otz?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Marc Stein
@ESPNSteinLine

More and more you hear Thibs admirers around NBA say they fear Bulls determined to let all three open jobs get filled and then let Thibs go
3:59 PM - 25 May 2015

My crazy theory: Tweet above is true. Pelicans, Magic jobs are filled. Hoiberg and Thibs coaching situations happen at the same time. Thibs is released. Hoiberg then decides to coach this years ISU team and bolt for the T-Wolves the next year. The T-Wolves have Flip coaching next year but hear from Thibs camp that he wants to go to Minnesota. Instead of waiting for Fred likely leaving next year, the T-Wolves hire Thibs as their next coach, preferring him over Fred. The Bulls hire someone else as they have no coach and were told by Fred he's going to the T-Wolves instead. Hoiberg decides to stay at Iowa State past next year as his 2 favorite NBA jobs are now closed.

Genius. :jimlad: #ThibstoTWolves

Last edited:

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I think ink the only thing he is doing is holding Iowa state hostage so that the only person willing to take job is tj. I don't consider that option "fine".
So if this is true, you don't trust Fred's opinion?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I don't know why people expected Fred to stay here for 10-15 years. It's been publicly stated for years that he wants to coach in the NBA. That's not inside information. And it doesn't make him the same as all the other coaches. Fred is always going to be one of the most special college basketball coaches in history (considering the relationship). It just sucks that it has to end sooner than we'd like. No reason to get butthurt at Fred.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Fred is always going to be one of the most special college basketball coaches in history (considering the relationship).

To whom? The country? A footnote at best. To us, he'll just be another Floyd. We'll wish it could have lasted longer, but we'll talk about his Eustachy more. (the guy who coaches us to championships next year)

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
So if the bulls are gonna screw Thibs over, and in the process kinda us, can we just trade them Fred for Thibs and a first round draft pick?

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Here I FIFY:

Camp Includes

• Large Nike Duffle Bag
  • Nike Sling Bag
  • 5 Pairs of Nike Socks
  • 5 Nike Headbands
  • 5 Nike Wristbands
  • 2 Nike Spandex
  • 1 Pair of Nike Shoes

all I really wanted was the spandex anyway.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I don't know why people expected Fred to stay here for 10-15 years. It's been publicly stated for years that he wants to coach in the NBA. That's not inside information. And it doesn't make him the same as all the other coaches. Fred is always going to be one of the most special college basketball coaches in history (considering the relationship). It just sucks that it has to end sooner than we'd like. No reason to get butthurt at Fred.

When has he said it wanted to coach in the NBA, publicly?

Status
Not open for further replies.