Today feels even worse

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Anyone else feel worse today than when we actually lost? We are supposed to be playing today and right now it feels worse than Thursday. I can't imagine how the team is feeling. I wonder if Hoiberg can even watch basketball today. I can't. Well. Time for yard work I guess.

TheAntiHawk

Mar 29, 2013
I think this will hurt until UAB and UCLA both lose. As long as they are playing, it's what could have been.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Your last sentence describes me pretty well. It was a very quick transition from basketball season to yard work and looking forward to warm weather.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Yeah we should be gearing up for a game on CBS to beat down Steve Alford

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, saw the UAB/UCLA preview....the thought of playing an 11 seed in round two...ugh. And, seeing both UNI and Iowa do what a higher seed should do yesterday just created a yuck feeling. I am ok with uni winning a couple more, but Iowa fans are worse.

BUT, VERY excited for Kyven tonight in wrestling.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It just really hurts knowing we didn't play anywhere near to our ability, but yet both UNI and Iowa did. That is frustrating.

I think we were clearly the best team in the state, and we're the first ones going home. Doesn't take away the great season we had, but it's just disappointing.

March Madness is all about upsets... you just don't want it to be your team that gets upset. It stings.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Iowa losing to Penn State in the opening of the Big 10 tournament was the best thing that happened to them. Part of me wishes that comeback against Texas in KC would've never happened. The hunger and fight would've been there against UAB and in a half hour we'd be sitting down to enjoy our Cyclones again.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Iowa losing to Penn State in the opening of the Big 10 tournament was the best thing that happened to them. Part of me wishes that comeback against Texas in KC would've never happened. The hunger and fight would've been there against UAB and in a half hour we'd be sitting down to enjoy our Cyclones again.

I would, never, ever, EVER, give up a conference championship of any kind for a hypothetical scenario.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I've wondered about that myself. Iowa has an early exit in their tourney, and we win ours. I do think the grind of the Big 12 tourney took it's toll on us somewhat, although we won it last year too, and did ok in the NCAA Tourney. So who knows?

Iowa seemed hungrier than we were though. They had a bad taste in their mouth from the Penn St loss. We were high on our horses, and the national media was all projecting us to the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight before the tourney started.

Everything together spelled disaster for us. We really should have seen a letdown coming, but I didn't see it.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I don't think any teams are throwing their conference tourny games but I can see how the extra rest and humility could be an advantage.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I've wondered about that myself. Iowa has an early exit in their tourney, and we win ours. I do think the grind of the Big 12 tourney took it's toll on us somewhat, although we won it last year too, and did ok in the NCAA Tourney. So who knows?

Iowa seemed hungrier than we were though. They had a bad taste in their mouth from the Penn St loss. We were high on our horses, and the national media was all projecting us to the Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight before the tourney started.

Everything together spelled disaster for us. We really should have seen a letdown coming, but I didn't see it.

Winning the tourney was great, but I said the same thing...if we could string together 3-4 great games, now would be much more fun. It was a exciting week in KC and those three victories were HUGE....unfortunately they'll probably be overshadowed by the loss to UAB.

I hope this team gets REAL hungry over the summer and gets some swag...no more close games when they shouldn't be next year.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Imagine the meltdown if the season ended with back-to-back losses to Texas and UAB. We would have lost four of our last six games on the season with the only wins being a double-digit comeback against TCU and a 20-point comeback at Hilton.