Pollard on KXNO

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Right now and it's a great interview.

Highlights so far:
Not ever going to sell alcohol in Jack Trice Stadium under Pollard
-Alcohol is for the suites only
Hilton in great shape
-Might expand seating? into concourse area someday (not high priority at all)
-Flooding was a good thing several years ago because they got to re-do everything down low
ISU Ran Earl Bruce off - he was only coach in ISU football history to have winning record
ISU NOT getting any money from Longhorn network to air Texas game
ISU NOT wearing Jack Trice throwbacks this year. Was a one-time only deal.

Flood of user questions coming up!

www.kxno.com

Last edited:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Need for expanding "Johnny's" in Hilton is imminent - probably before the 2015 season. 33 more Cyclone Club members at the $12,500 level, and it's packed as it is.

norsemen

Apr 13, 2006
Plus....Johnny's in Hilton will likely need to be expanded by fall 2015 to accommodate increased number of high level donors.

Elevated walkway from east Trice concourse across University Blvd. is under serious considertion.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Doesn't see baseball coming back (no surprise)
Matte helmet is the only uniform change in football. Doesn't like tuning in to a game to not be able to tell who is playing.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Matte helmet is the only uniform change in football. Doesn't like tuning in to a game to not be able to tell who is playing.

Who the **** keeps asking about baseball?!?! Just give it up. It might be nice, but ISU will never even get close to having as much money as Texas and spending huge sums of money on baseball wont help that at all. Its not like we had some incredible baseball tradition that we lost.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Good call!

I didn't realize the interview would be this much content, so I had to think back to some stuff :)
I don't idolize Pollard like many on here do, but he is very good at communicating. Takes all questions, gives you exactly what's on is mind, and no "guarded" language.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Can't just buy another home football non-con game.
Have to schedule out a long way in advance to avoid bidding wars.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I heard at the time from a very good source that Bruce had a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave without penalty for the OSU job which is what happened. IIRC

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I heard at the time from a very good source that Bruce had a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave without penalty for the OSU job which is what happened. IIRC

I think that was the main reason. JP talked about "running him off" when the topic of "You can only win so much at ISU" came up.

norsemen

Apr 13, 2006
Cannot comment on Thomas Pollard future signing on with the ISU cross-country/track program!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Rhoads has said the same thing. I am 100% in disagreement, not about having the uniforms but not knowing who is playing. Oregon, Boise, Baylor, West VA, etc have changed their unis a 1000 times and I can tell you if I ever turn on a game they are playing in, I can tell you which team they are 1000 times.

This isn't black and white tv with bunny ears.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think that was the main reason. JP talked about "running him off" when the topic of "You can only win so much at ISU" came up.

He commented that "people ran off Earle Bruce off - didn't think he was good enough after three straight 8-3 seasons. We'd take that in a heartbeat today."
As if Earle would have turned down Ohio State if he was appreciated here more? That's hard to believe.

Last edited:

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Right now and it's a great interview.

Highlights so far:
Not ever going to sell alcohol in Jack Trice Stadium under Pollard
-Alcohol is for the suites only
Hilton in great shape
-Might expand seating? into concourse area someday (not high priority at all)
-Flooding was a good thing several years ago because they got to re-do everything down low
ISU Ran Earl Bruce off - he was only coach in ISU football history to have winning record
ISU NOT getting any money from Longhorn network to air Texas game
ISU NOT wearing Jack Trice throwbacks this year. Was a one-time only deal.

Flood of user questions coming up!

www.kxno.com

Great, so we don't need to worry about money ever again. I'll note that when I send in my Cy Club contribution next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.