What Was Your High School Mascot?

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
My cousin graduated from Teutopolis HS in Illinois. His mascot was the Wooden Shoes.

wooden-shoes.jpg

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
My mascot was the Beavers. (Wilton)
So, we dealt with sexual jokes as well.
We went through many logos that looked similar to Oregon State and Wisconsin before we had one unique enough to keep us out of trouble.

I've got a Golden Beaver from a JV wrestling meet

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Toreador is a bull fighter. Being from Nevada we played Boone for years. I love that nickname.

As embarrassing as this is, a Toreador isn't a bullfighter. It's actually the guy that hands the little flag to the Matador to wave around. Pretty lame, right?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Don't know anyone personally that went there, but my nomination for best mascot is the Blooming Prairie (MN) Awesome Blossoms

high-school-mascots-blooming-prairie-awesome-blossoms.jpg 3470awesomeblossom_2.jpg

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I like the ones that are uncommon mascots. Glad my school was not called Hawks and that our colors weren't black and gold.

dcxme1183

Jan 31, 2010
Minneapolis
My mascot was the Beavers. (Wilton)
So, we dealt with sexual jokes as well.
We went through many logos that looked similar to Oregon State and Wisconsin before we had one unique enough to keep us out of trouble.

I wondered if I was gonna see a fellow Beaver on the board. If I had a dollar for every time some smart alec road game announcer mentioned how they were "penetrating deep into Beaver territory," I'd be a rich man.

Last edited: