Torrent Brewing Company

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Please, you would take me home. Also coming from a guy that lives in Sewer City, laffy.

You know it.

So whats this place about? Their website is under construction. I assume the micro brew, but what kind of food? Typical burger joint?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, who is behind this? It seems very local, but I haven't heard of it. Are they an off-shoot of Old Main? Looks like their place will be only a short block away.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You know it.

So whats this place about? Their website is under construction. I assume the micro brew, but what kind of food? Typical burger joint?

No idea on food but there FB page said they will have a brewery and a taproom. I would assume they would eventually have some type of food whether it be just apps or a full menu.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Am I the only one over the microbrew craze?

Apparently so.

But I do think this space will soon be overbuilt like any hot and profitable industry. Then the poor and weak will start to get weeded out. As more and more microbrews popup it seems that there is more and more "average tasting" beer out there.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Awesome, can't wait to try their beer out once its opened. Also like the fact that its downtown and will repurpose a previously vacant building.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Am I the only one over the microbrew craze?

No. I didn't have anything against micro brews until I went to my local supermarket liquor dept and couldn't find my Konig Ludwig Weissbier. It (and a bunch of other German and Belgian beer) was gone...GONE. They'd been replaced with a buncha **** from Oregon or Colorado or some dooshy hippie place.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hope they have a good business plan. The combination of a brewery and restaurant seems like a good business concept for Old Main. Torrent is starting as a true tap house, having food vendors rotate in. Hope there is enough money in that for them.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Hope they have a good business plan. The combination of a brewery and restaurant seems like a good business concept for Old Main. Torrent is starting as a true tap house, having food vendors rotate in. Hope there is enough money in that for them.

Probably depends on how good their product is, if their beer is really good I would think they will have no problem drawing enough people in. Also wonder if they will distribute to retailers?

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Probably depends on how good their product is, if their beer is really good I would think they will have no problem drawing enough people in. Also wonder if they will distribute to retailers?

I think you almost have to distribute to retailers anymore, right? Even if in low volume. Something is better than nothing.