ISU Urban Exploring Thread Redux

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I noticed a while back it was locked. I didn't see any reasons that would have led to a lock. Did it just get too big?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Spent all last evening reading the original thread. I've been on here for a couple years now, and just found it. It was definitely a good read.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Janitor hears his name, turns around, and no ones there.

Either students are messing with him, or he's a lunatic

I read this post, thought "I bet I know which janitor said this," and opened the article.

I was right

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
According to Cynthia Thuma and Catherine Lower in their book Creepy Colleges and Haunted Universities, one student who saw “Bill” described him wearing a white button down shirt and black cotton pants.

Just how did the student know the pants were cotton?

• Haha
Reactions: GTO

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I had never heard about the Gold Star Hall thing until this article.

Leidang

Apr 27, 2006
I worked student security in Helser and Friley for 2 years and have been through every inch of both buildings including all the tunnels/basements and the roofs many, many times. Never saw anything even though everyone tries to scare you with stories of the hauntings. Friley is just a big old spooky building and when it is deserted and dark people get jumpy.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The shrine west of Ames always gives me the creeps. It's just plain weird even with all the trees lined in rows.

I've been through the steam tunnels also and just a lot of noises nothing to freaky.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I got chased by a raccoon once by Agronomy or somewhere in that area once. That's my creepy story.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Went back to bump the Urban Exploring thread for memories... But it's closed :cry:

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
The shrine west of Ames always gives me the creeps. It's just plain weird even with all the trees lined in rows.

I've been through the steam tunnels also and just a lot of noises nothing to freaky.

This popped up in my head the other day. When I was in school, we went by a few times. Once or twice the guy was outside. Very weird and creepy place. Would love to get in there sometime and definitely want to go back.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Is this the same as the original "Urban Exploring at ISU" thread people are talking about?
I for one, discovered this while in school, and haven't visited since graduating in 2013, but the posts seem very familiar to the old forum.
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/urban-exploring-at-isu.42979/

Thanks for finding, I know what Ill be doing the rest of the night. I love this sort of stuff

I remember when I was in school a few friends and I made our way down to Friley's haunted part so many times. It always gave me the chills. We even found our way into the abandoned cafeteria once because of a door left open. We somehow ended up another level or two below the Dungeons. We could only stay down there for like 10 minutes before being so creeped out we left

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron