Last Final Ever!

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just finished my last final exam of grad school. Is there any better feeling in the academic or working world?

:smile:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Congratulations, hopefully you passed.

I will say though I kind of miss finals, not really for the sake of the test, but just that feeling you are speaking of. The excitement that came over me after finishing the last final of the semester. Truly a glorious feeling.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Getting a good job, getting a big raise, getting promoted

Anyway, grats. :p

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yes, there is lots of better feelings. In fact, one of them is going back to school, which I'd do in a heartbeat again. The real world sucks!!!

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Congrats on being done! I remember it felt great to be done. But working 40+ sucks man. Wish I could go back.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
No thesis to defend? The day I defended my thesis and I knew that I passed was pretty good. But the day I finished my last actuarial exam was even better.

I do agree with others, if someone would pay me to go back to school, I would do that in a heartbeat over working full-time.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Wait until you lay your head down at night and realize the only thing you have done during the day was sat, periodically walked around and stared at a computer. Only then will you appreciate school.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
College was great because of the lifestyle. And sir, you can never get that back.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Congrats, but like everyone said, welcome to the real world now.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
No thesis to defend? The day I defended my thesis and I knew that I passed was pretty good. But the day I finished my last actuarial exam was even better.

I do agree with others, if someone would pay me to go back to school, I would do that in a heartbeat over working full-time.
I have to disagree. Defending my thesis, the way it was received, given what I had built up in my mind about it, was my favorite academic moment. That being said, getting a job after all that work was an even better feeling (and yes, I would go back to school if I could, but I can't. School>Job).
BTW... Congrats!!!

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Congrats man! :yes:

I must have done college wrong, because I spent WAY more than 40-50 hours a week on it. So less time spent + more money earned = better life :biglaugh:

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Beware my friend, "The Last Final" is only the next step to a practically never-ending set of steps. Taking on the responsibility for a wife to care for, the birth of your first child, the marriage of your child, managing the final days of your parents, etc. You always wonder how well prepared you are and, when it's over, if you could have done better. Relish the step and prepare for the next ones.

For those who want to return to the good old times: You can look back and learn but you can't live there.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Congratulations.... That was not (however) your final exam. You will be taking "final exams" in your dreams for the next 20 - 30 years. Test taking is listed as the second most common subject matter of our dreams.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
The old(er) people that constantly long for college days whenever threads like these come up make me sad. I hope I'm not like that later in life.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
Beware my friend, "The Last Final" is only the next step to a practically never-ending set of steps. Taking on the responsibility for a wife to care for, the birth of your first child, the marriage of your child, managing the final days of your parents, etc. You always wonder how well prepared you are and, when it's over, if you could have done better. Relish the step and prepare for the next ones.

For those who want to return to the good old times: You can look back and learn but you can't live there.

Debbie+Downer.png

Amazing moment!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron