*^% damn Peiople

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Some of you need a serious dose of reality or a life. Since our struggles, I've read about firing Rhoads, firing the entire staff, everything from questioning Pollard to firing Pollard, calling out players, etc...the list goes on and on. I swear some of the fan base on here has not a clue about our situation. You are acting worse than Huskerfan or Longhornfan. At least these fan bases didn't ***** and moan at the first sign of adversity under Pelini or Brown following their success.

For the first time in Rhoads tenure we are not going to win at least 5 games and you are ready to break this program down, allow for a coaching change at the top and are ready to lose recruits and current players. All of these would set the program back 3-4 years, most likely. Some of you have no idea how to be a fan or handle adversity, which tells me your kneejerk reaction to fire or replace the AD, HC or entire coaching staff is probably the worst thing that can happen.

Chill the **** out and get a dam grip.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Some of you need a serious dose of reality or a life. Since our struggles, I've read about firing Rhoads, firing the entire staff, everything from questioning Pollard to firing Pollard, calling out players, etc...the list goes on and on. I swear some of the fan base on here has not a clue about our situation. You are acting worse than Huskerfan or Longhornfan. At least these fan bases didn't bicth and moan at the first sign of adversity under Pelini or Brown following their success.

For the first time in Rhoads tenure we are not going to win at least 5 games and you are ready to break this program down, allow for a coaching change at the top and are ready to lose recruits and current players. All of these would set the program back 3-4 years, most likely. Some of you have no idea how to be a fan or handle adversity, which tells me your kneejerk reaction to fire or replace the AD, HC or entire coaching staff is probably the worst thing that can happen.

Ummmmmm? They dont freak out at the first sign of adversity? Those fanbases freak out after one loss.

Other than that, I basically agree with you. Everyone needs to take one of these.

chill_pill.preview.jpg

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
Can't speak for everyone, only myself.

I completely support CPR and ADJP, with the glaring exception of Mess as OC. I fully support all players, and no one should call them out.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
not sure who is calling out players...I have not seen it.

...but our coordinators are terrible and need to go. This was evident during the Uni game before the injury excuse made it's appearance.

...and changes will be made.

CychoCyclone

Oct 27, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I don't think a ton of people are asking for rhoads to be fired, but the issues with this team are FAR bigger than youth, inexperience and injuries... there's serious issues with the staff, we are NOT a well coached team right now... and that's something I think people aren't used to seeing with a rhoads coached team... we have talent on the field, its just not being utilized... and as the leader of the program people expect rhoads to handle the situation, and it doesn't appear that he's doing that... I think most fans realize that there's a chance he's just letting the year take its course before he makes any changes and even though I'd much rather see him take action now but I understand him waiting to analyze the staff as a whole after the season... but if nothing happens before next season A LOT of people are gonna be questioning the direction he's going with this program...

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
I can agree with all that for this year. Next year I won't though.
And I don't blame fans for being upset. They have every right to be when we are seeing what they are seeing. Team has lots of issues that all go on the CEO's head. Lots of bad decisions have been made by him and now the company is tanking as a result.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I don't think a ton of people are asking for rhoads to be fired, but the issues with this team are FAR bigger than youth, inexperience and injuries... there's serious issues with the staff, we are NOT a well coached team right now... and that's something I think people aren't used to seeing with a rhoads coached team... we have talent on the field, its just not being utilized... and as the leader of the program people expect rhoads to handle the situation, and it doesn't appear that he's doing that... I think most fans realize that there's a chance he's just letting the year take its course before he makes any changes and even though I'd much rather see him take action now but I understand him waiting to analyze the staff as a whole after the season... but if nothing happens before next season A LOT of people are gonna be questioning the direction he's going with this program...

I actually think that lack of talent is our biggest issue. And that may develop with more experience as well as a shake up in coordinators this offseason. We also need to upgrade the qb position.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Some of you need a serious dose of reality or a life. Since our struggles, I've read about firing Rhoads, firing the entire staff, everything from questioning Pollard to firing Pollard, calling out players, etc...the list goes on and on. I swear some of the fan base on here has not a clue about our situation. You are acting worse than Huskerfan or Longhornfan. At least these fan bases didn't ***** and moan at the first sign of adversity under Pelini or Brown following their success.

Amen! It's embarrassing enough when our team is not doing too well but when our fans ***** and moan and call out every single person affiliated with our football program, it's embarrassing. Each individual person is hid behind a user name so they don't mind doing stupid stuff like this but what they don't think about is the perception others will have of Cyclone fans of they keep whining all the time! I guarantee you the best outcome will happen due to this dumpster fire of a season.
1. Rhoads will still be head coach
2. Mess will be relieved of his duties as OC
3. Rhoads won't make the same mistake again and will hire an up and coming OC outside of the program
4. Lazard and Mister will still be Cyclones next year

I truly believe all of the above will happen. It sucks that we aren't good this year but we have the best man possible for ISU at the helm of our football program. I honestly think by this time next year we will be in bowl discussions again and nobody will even talk about this year.

Last edited:

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
There were signs of "adversity" prior to the Liberty Bowl. The Liberty Bowl should be all you need to know about how this team is coached, prepared, and stratagized to compete. Your angst is misplaced and you are part of the problem OP. If you love Iowa State and want the best for players and fans, you would have expected excellence in the program when it was self evident that the output on the field was not commensurate with salaries paid.....and this entire year is just the Liberty Bowl over, and over, and over again. Losing a whole year, to quote Third Eye Blind. Did you see the UNI game?!?!?!? That coaching staff had 8 freaking months to prepare for that. Ug. Take your moral sanctimonious posts and go admire your fellow wonder fans on the off-topic board.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
There were signs of "adversity" prior to the Liberty Bowl. The Liberty Bowl should be all you need to know about how this team is coached, prepared, and stratagized to compete. Your angst is misplaced and you are part of the problem OP. If you love Iowa State and want the best for players and fans, you would have expected excellence in the program when it was self evident that the output on the field was not commensurate with salaries paid.....and this entire year is just the Liberty Bowl over, and over, and over again. Losing a whole year, to quote Third Eye Blind. Did you see the UNI game?!?!?!? That coaching staff had 8 freaking months to prepare for that. Ug. Take your moral sanctimonious posts and go admire your fellow wonder fans on the off-topic board.

Exhibit A

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Our coaches are grown men earning very nice salaries, paid by US. They are doing something they love and most of us would kill to do. If they aren't recruiting and developing players capable of winning more than 3 games per year then they deserve some criticism and in some cases deserve to be fired.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
The expert (dirty) has spoken, he knows all the answers so we should make him our head coach right now, why wait till the end of the season!

GWad

Aug 22, 2013

I watched TT and OSU last night, and we are so far from their talent level it is scary. And they are not the conference elite. CPR and staff have failed in recruiting Big 12 talent and need to be replaced ASAP. After a bad next year is likely "as soon as possible". The rest of you will figure this out in due time!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I will always cheer for ISU. But SOMETHING, if not Multiple things need to change. We're not just bad, we're AWFUL.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
For the first time in Rhoads tenure we are not going to win at least 5 games and you are ready to break this program down,

It runs deeper than the record. It's how far we have fallen in one year.

It's playing very good Kstate teams to an average of 5-6 point margin for 4 straight yrs (2009-2012) with the game coming down to the final possession

---to 2013 and getting demolished by a MEDIOCRE K-state team

It's our lack of discipline i.e.; false starts on 1st or critical 3rd downs; dropped passes; missed fumble recoveries; missed interception through our fingers, missed tackles; out of position continuously

We need an enema

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

Welcome to sports.

The reality is that this is 4 straight losing seasons. It's four years of ineptitude, not some knee jerk reaction. Most of these issues have been masked by a big win or two each season, but at this point anyone can see that there is something very, very wrong with the health of this program and it comes directly from the poor team management skills and practices that Rhoads has put in place since the moment Jake Knott went down. He's over working these kids and his tunnel vision that "anything can be improved with more hard work" can be traced back to many of the issues that this team has, including injuries.

You can blindly follow all you want, which is completely fine, but don't try to talk down to other people for your own inability to see passed the ********.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Welcome to sports.

The reality is that this is 4 straight losing seasons. It's four years of ineptitude, not some knee jerk reaction. Most of these issues have been masked by a big win or two each season, but at this point anyone can see that there is something very, very wrong with the health of this program and it comes directly from the poor team management skills and practices that Rhoads has put in place since the moment Jake Knott went down. He's over working these kids and his tunnel vision that "anything can be improved with more hard work" can be traced back to many of the issues that this team has, including injuries.

You can blindly follow all you want, which is completely fine, but don't try to talk down to other people for your own inability to see passed the ********.

Don't tell me what I can and cannot do. You're not the boss.