Kids on the field?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
In past years the Jr Cyclone club has invited kids down to the field to form the tunnel. Which game is that this year? I always thought it was the family day game, but I could not find any info on it. I don't want to be in our seats and then see this is the game and have the kids mad at me the entire time.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
They weren't able to do it this year with the new entrance for the team. I found this in e-mail from the Jr CyclonemClub earlier this fall:

PS As you all know, the Cyclone football team is now housed in the shiny-new Bergstrom Football Complex. Which means their entrance into the stadium will be through their new tunnel leading them from the complex to the west ramp and onto the field. This also means that we are longer able to have our exclusive Jr. Cyclone Club field access prior to kick-off at a home game any longer. Due to the Cyclone’s new team entrance from the northwest – and the visiting team’s new entrance onto the field from now the northeast (and factor in both teams crisscrossing to their respective sidelines), it is now logistically impossible to make a Jr. Cyclone Club “tunnel” to greet our Cyclones and then exit the field in a timely fashion before a penalty delay. We’ve exhausted all ideas and efforts at this time for a Plan B that would work. Bummer, I know.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I will stop watching for it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I'm still ****** about this and I hardly ever bothered to get a refill. Just seems cheap and petty.
They say it's to speed up service....they should have one refill line per side or something like that.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
Stupid athletic department now they are jaming it to the kids. That is a load of crap they have exhausted all of their options, thats just there way of saying were not doing this anymore.... Really dumb move by the athletic department, that expiernece going onto the field sticks in a kids memory for years. Robbing the parents and the kids of priceless memories... Im gonna stop now because i am upset with this whole program today everythig they do or say makes me tick. Sorry for any typos im on my phone.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Stupid athletic department now they are jaming it to the kids. That is a load of crap they have exhausted all of their options, thats just there way of saying were not doing this anymore.... Really dumb move by the athletic department, that expiernece going onto the field sticks in a kids memory for years. Robbing the parents and the kids of priceless memories... Im gonna stop now because i am upset with this whole program today everythig they do or say makes me tick. Sorry for any typos im on my phone.
:rolleyes:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They say it's to speed up service....they should have one refill line per side or something like that.

They need to have more drink only lines. Would speed up a lot of service if there were vendors that just sold pop\water.

Or better yet, didnt we used to have people selling in the stands? Remove some of the lines (which can be ridiculous sometimes, the current facilities arent made for 55k) by selling throughout the game in the stands.