Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
The 6-foot-4, 14-year-old guard is being recruited by the Cyclones, Iowa, Nebraska, Creighton, Wisconsin and many others.
“Pretty much looking for what’s close to home, a safe campus and a good education,â€￾ Myles said.

Any other info on this fine young man? Did you see him shooting before the KSU game?
If those 3 items are his criteria we ought to be a lock. He would look great in Cardinal & Gold. What is he.... class of 2015-16?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
2016. Off the the top off my head he seems like the only kid from Iowa that I would take.

I think we need to start landing at least 1 Iowan every 1-2 years. Obviously that doesn't mean take sub-par guys, but this state has averages a legit player or two every year. Unfortunately, recently they've all chosen Iowa or other programs.

It's hard enough to recruit against teams like Baylor and KU, but when you write off your entire state in recruiting, it makes it that much harder.

I feel like Jok this year was worth taking a shot with.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Close to home: Iowa-yep, Creighton-sort of, Nebraska-sort of, ISU-yep
Safe campus: Iowa-sketchy, Creighton-nope, Nebraska-decent, ISU-yep
Good school: Iowa-yep, Creighton-yep, Nebraska-hell no, ISU-yep

We win. See you in Cardinal and Gold JM

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Did he make it to that other Saturday game he was said to be at a few weeks ago? i know its early, we all learned from Harrison s recruiting, but i would say things look good. Probably gonna be Clyburns size but thicker, so hopefully he likes our Off system. 180 lbs is solid for his age and height

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I'm also a Dport West grad and we don't get a whole lot of bball talent, had an undefeated team in '94. Anyone back there know how he is doing so far this year? HS bball is a joke tho with no shot clock, hard to evaluate off those games.

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
young bball talent is all over in the qc right now

myles will be a big recruit when hes a senior

the iowa schools better hope he commits early

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
Close to home: Iowa-yep, Creighton-sort of, Nebraska-sort of, ISU-yep
Safe campus: Iowa-sketchy, Creighton-nope, Nebraska-decent, ISU-yep
Good school: Iowa-yep, Creighton-yep, Nebraska-hell no, ISU-yep

We win. See you in Cardinal and Gold JM

close to home - 1 iowa, 2 isu, 3-4 nebraska-creighton
safe campus - 1 isu, 2 iowa, 3-4 nebraska-creighton
good school - 1 iowa, 2 creighton, 3 isu, 4 nebraska

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
When asked what he's looking for most in a college campus.... he supposedly said "Whichever school has the best playground for recess will win me over."

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
The 6-foot-4, 14-year-old guard is being recruited by the Cyclones, Iowa, Nebraska, Creighton, Wisconsin and many others.
“Pretty much looking for what’s close to home, a safe campus and a good education,” Myles said.

Based on that, you have to think ISU. Of course, if KU offers...

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I saw Sebastian play last year. He didn't blow me away, so I didn't recognize the name until I saw the face when you guys mentioned it (and that he plays for Kingdom Hoops.)

The kid might have a bright future in store. But the only thing I saw was him playing phenomenal in the post, but that was because he had 3+ inches on all the other players