Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Reactions: CTTB78

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
While portion of the coaching staff was in New Hampshire for the National Prep Showcase this weekend it also appears that we were in Michigan as well.

Also, Jared Terrell had a brief conversation with Terrance Payne (NERR reporter) and continued to indicate that he and Abdul-Malik Abu could join-up in college to play together. However, it would need to be the right spot for both of them. Overall I feel the likelihood of both attending the same school are slim for most schools, blue-bloods such as North Carolina and Duke which have both shown some interest would be the only likely scenarios.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Custer is ours to lose I think. Would love to have him. Fred is getting after the guards. Just need to lock down some big men. Watching Percy tonight, not feeling good about the coming seasons. Hopefully Armadi develops and can split some time with Percy.

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
Wow! Giving up on Gibson after a couple of easy misses and a poor job of rebounding in one game. No doubt we have to recruit some big men, but I think Gibson is a big part of our future!

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Wow! Giving up on Gibson after a couple of easy misses and a poor job of rebounding in one game. No doubt we have to recruit some big men, but I think Gibson is a big part of our future!
First of all, it's the accumulation of all his games. Great scorer but my problems lay with overall defense, court awareness, rarely passes the ball back out, just forces a shot even when one isn't there and lack of attack when going for rebounds. He may improve in all those areas as time progresses but it makes me nervous

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
First of all, it's the accumulation of all his games. Great scorer but my problems lay with overall defense, court awareness, rarely passes the ball back out, just forces a shot even when one isn't there and lack of attack when going for rebounds. He may improve in all those areas as time progresses but it makes me nervous

Don't be nervous. Things will be fine.

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
Going into tonight's game he was averaging 11 points, 7.5 reb, and 2 blocks per game. I'll take that from the 2nd/3rd/ maybe even 4th guy off the bench. It's easy to forget that he's just a sophomore.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Going into tonight's game he was averaging 11 points, 7.5 reb, and 2 blocks per game. I'll take that from the 2nd/3rd/ maybe even 4th guy off the bench. It's easy to forget that he's just a sophomore.

Thats the ticket. Its very frustrating to watch him play.... but you just have to keep telling yourself hes soft on D and rebounding because he is a soph. He will get there. Most diamonds in the rough arent amazing right away.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I am not giving up on Percy at all. He will have a great Cyclone career! We do need a proven big man in a dire way!!! I understand the "role" player mentality when it comes to recruiting. But when one of your star big men could go down with an injury and they are lost for the season, they would wish they had invested in a good big..

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
So who is the next target for 2014? We have 3 left to give after Clay made the announcement. Any one have an update?

I think we will sign a Juco post for the class of 2013 class; so therefore we will only have 2 more scholarships to fill for the 2014 class. Both of them should go to posts/wings considering we lose Ejim and Amardi.

So I think our top targets right now for the 2014 class are:

Rashad Vaughn
Abdul-Malik Abu
Reid Travis
Sean O'Mara

Then for the 2015 class we will need to replace: Percy, Jones, Hogue, and Juco post. So a couple guards and a couple posts.

Last edited:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
So who is the next target for 2014? We have 3 left to give after Clay made the announcement. Any one have an update?

Does not really change anything. Guys like Vaughn, Abdul-Malik Abu, Reid, O'Mara are our top wants from the high school ranks. Plus always a chance a we pick up someone else's coaching change decommit and/or transfer.

Last edited:

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Does not really change anything. Guys like Vaughn, Abdul-Malik Abu, Reid, O'Mara are our top wants.

Yeah Custer is replacing Bubu's scholarship. Speaking of Bubu I really really hope he is not guilty. The scholarship will go to waste next year now officially since Custer is taking over his scholarship. A class of 2013 guard prospect is no longer an option.

Last edited:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Percy to a c.