***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

Status
Not open for further replies.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Do the same awards for milestone post counts still apply? Like 10,000, 20,000, etc.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I need answers, Meagthread imitation will not be accepted!

(never minds, just saw the thread in Site News... a pro web dev could probably fix it, but my rates are pretty steep...)

Last edited:

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I'lll take megathread 2.0 for first post....

I read over on the WVU board this memo was also written about in an Oklahoma newspaper. The memo is thought to be stale as it was written last January and possibly referencing info from last August. The question is why is this information being brought to the forefront at this time?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I never posted in the other thread which I regret but I had no information on the topic.

I have nothing to bring to this thread either.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Conference Realignment: Addressing the Issue of Notre Dame | Atlantic Coast Convos

Just an opinion piece but I hadn't heard this before:
"Now before folks get all up in arms, let’s remember this is all a hypothetical, for the time being. There are some murmurs, however, that discussions are happening. There’s just no consensus on what, exactly, is being talked about and who these talks might be with. Last week, Orangebloods’ Chip Brown claimed the Irish were headed there for Olympic sports, with a scheduling deal for football. Unsurprisingly, that ended up being unsubstantiated rumor-mongering. This week, there’s been chatter on some boards about a secret meeting between ND and the ACC, also concerning Louisville. I was dismissive at first, but then it started heading over to Twitter, with additional details attached. If it’s true, the ACC’s TV deal would multiply by 1.5 times its current value should they add ND and the ‘Ville. That means $24 million per school in a 16-team league — BUT there’s a catch. Notre Dame would make $36 million in this arrangement (by far the most it could garner anywhere), and in return, each school would get knocked down to around $23.2 million each. Of course, I’m alright with concessions, but is that too much? Wake Forest fans probably say no, but Florida State fans likely feel differently given their own status as a supposedly “elite” viewing property."

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Ah, it feels good to be back. In unrelated news, my psych has just diagnosed me with Stockholm Syndrome, whatever the crap that means.

I can't see how the addition of FSU and Clemson plus a conference title game wouldn't be at least revenue neutral for the conference.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Status
Not open for further replies.