KU-ISU Coverage Map

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DMCYFAN

Nov 27, 2006
Interesting to see, i always wondered if there were maps like this available.

Anyone know why we'd be on in the extreme NE (Maine) instead of the big ten or ACC game?

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Not even in HD? Man ABC stinks compared to CBS & NBC when it comes to HD programming.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Interesting to see, i always wondered if there were maps like this available.

Anyone know why we'd be on in the extreme NE (Maine) instead of the big ten or ACC game?

They were on the ABC web site, but they might have moved them to ESPN which is always a joy to search and navigate.... Was looking for the map earlier today but couldn't find it.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The used one of our school colors to fill in the ISU-KU part of the coverage map.

That's like a good omen, right?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

They hate the Big 10 up there too. :wink:

I'm wondering why so much of Kentucky is out of the Miami/Va Tech game. Seems that would be of more interest there. Same would probably hold true for Tenn, Louisiana, Mississippi

Last edited:

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
I see we're going to be on in the entire state of Texas (but we don't even get complete coverage of Iowa) so that should be good for recruiting.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think Versus might have even had our games in HD. I know there's an HD VS channel.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Looks like I get the Penn State game here in Wisconsin. No surprise there. Does anyone know how the "reverse mirror" thing on ESPN works? Any chance the ISU game will be on ESPN here?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think Versus might have even had our games in HD. I know there's an HD VS channel.

The game was on an HD channel, but not broadcast in HD from what I understand. Same with the game this Saturday, it will be on 5.1 - but not broadcast in HD.

Fooey.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I wonder why Hawaii and Alaska get our game and not Washington and California? And why is there .00000001% of Iowa not getting our game? That must be sort of an estimate or something.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Thats weird that there is a section of northern IOWA that will have the Penn State game and not ours :sad:

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
If anyone ordered the FullCourt BB package, depending on your provider, you may be able to get all of the ABC PPV football games on Saturday (i.e. our game). Since BB and FB season overlap, sometimes you can catch the last few weeks of the football season PPV games for free on the channels where Full Court is on.

If the ESPN football GamePlan channels are on the same channels as ESPN basketball Full Court, you can probably get them.

Last edited:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Looks like I get the Penn State game here in Wisconsin. No surprise there. Does anyone know how the "reverse mirror" thing on ESPN works? Any chance the ISU game will be on ESPN here?

I can't remember which conference - but I think it's the Big 10 - if their game isn't on in that region, it must be on ESPN in that region (ESPN has regional feeds as well), so that the game is always available.

I know that's a bad explanation, but the answer to your second question is "no chance".

You'll be able to catch it if you have ESPN gameplan, though.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Thats weird that there is a section of northern IOWA that will have the Penn State game and not ours :sad:

There's probably a dead spot in coverage range there. The stations from Sioux City and Austin (MN) may not have a strong signal in that area.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
The Texas and Oklahoma games on FSN were in HD, the Versus games have only been on blurry-vision, as least on Directv. We are 0-2 in HD, but 3-0 in blurry-vision, so maybe that's a good omen we aren't in HD?

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
The Texas and Oklahoma games on FSN were in HD, the Versus games have only been on blurry-vision, as least on Directv. We are 0-2 in HD, but 3-0 in blurry-vision, so maybe that's a good omen we aren't in HD?

I didn't have the Ka Low band satellites then, which is where Versus HD is, so I don't know for sure if Versus HD carried our games in HD, but I know they did carry some games in HD, so I'd assume our was as well.