Twister Sisters versus the Hawkeyes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
For the 40th time, ISU faces Iowa in wbb. Iowa leads all time 21-18 and Coach Fenn is 9-4 against them

Should be a good game with the Sisters defending their home court. Go State!

What: Iowa State (5-1) vs. Iowa (5-4)
When: Thursday, Dec. 10, 2009 • 7 p.m.
Where: Ames, Iowa • Hilton Coliseum (14,356)
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield; Talent: Rich Fellingham (pxp); Molly Parrott (color)
TV: Mediacom; Talent: B.J. Schaben (pxp); Lyndsey Fennelly (color)
Webcast: Clone Zone
Internet Radio: Clone Zone
Live Stats: cyclones.com

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm nervous about this game. We could win by 30. We could lose by 20.

Don't see how we could lose - we have the revenge motive after last year's beat-down at IC, and Iowa has not looked good this year. They've lost four games, including at home to Mich. on Sunday.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Don't see how we could lose - we have the revenge motive after last year's beat-down at IC, and Iowa has not looked good this year. They've lost four games, including at home to Mich. on Sunday.

Sounds like Prins is likely out. Post depth could be a huge problem for us. Iowa is a decent three-point shooting team, and our perimeter shooting defense isn't all that good right now.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Sounds like Prins is likely out. Post depth could be a huge problem for us. Iowa is a decent three-point shooting team, and our perimeter shooting defense isn't all that good right now.

Please don't get me nervous. I'm counting on a big win. Iowa's 3 pt. shooting was awful against a mediocre (at best) Michigan team. They couldn't throw it in the ocean. One of their wins was a nail-biter against Ivy League Columbia.
A decent perfomance from the Sisters is all we need.
I predict a big crowd too.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Can't disagree much with Coach:

ISUCoachFen

Iowa State vs Iowa at HILTON--not much better than that!

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I have an uneasy feeling about this game. It seems like we should have an advatage being at home and with them starting 3 frosh. I have a feeliong that Printy will be tough as nails and without Prins available, Morgan Johnson bothers me. Pop and Z will have to stay out of foul trouble, and Z gives up a few more inches in the post.

We need Bolte to step up and have that breakout type of game that could propel her into being the studette she can be the rest of her career.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Hilton is filling up - I think we'll have a larger crowd than I expected, considering the snow and ice. Maybe fans are tired of being cooped up for two days...

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
He also talked a bit about Nesbitt not being recruited at ISU. He called her a good person and a good player. He said it wasn't personal or talent or anything -- ISU just didn't need another guard. He mentioned that this was of course before Rockall and Yackley left.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
so im watching this talk sports show on mc22 waiting for the game.. do they only really have one little tiny ISU thing, while having a whole crapload of UNI and Iowa stuff?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
so im watching this talk sports show on mc22 waiting for the game.. do they only really have one little tiny ISU thing, while having a whole crapload of UNI and Iowa stuff?

That show is an "Eastern Iowa" talk show. They don't talk must ISU and they'd be the first to admit it. I think it is based out of Cedar Rapids. It is not filmed in Des Moines.